PDA

View Full Version : How about we trade for Carlos Beltran or Juan Pierre

Steve Bartman
06-25-2003, 10:18 AM
The idea of having Sidney Ponson is great, but what about Beltran or Pierre. They both would signigicantly upgrade our defense. In only 56 games played this year, Beltran is batting .305, 40 runs, 11 homeruns, 38 RBI, and 18 steals. Pierre is batting .293, 42 runs, 0 homeruns, 22 RBI, and 31 steals. Yes, his power numbers are terrible, but he can bunt, steal, and play defense. That is something not many on the Sox can do. Or do you guys think Harris and Rowand will get the job done. We need offense!

P.S. This is my first time making a post. I just recently joined this site. This is a great site, and people offer some good opinions on the sox.

4.5 games back!

White Stocking
06-25-2003, 10:24 AM
Personally, I would hold off on that trade right now. Willie Harris has been emerging as the catalyst this team desperately needs.

My patience with Jose is wearing thin, his numbers are down and defense has always been sketchy - if we could make an upgrade in that department, I wouldn't have a problem with that.

In addition, D'Angelo better wake up, I can see some of those Pardre comments were true.

Steve Bartman
06-25-2003, 10:26 AM
yeah we need to upgrade at shortstop. The White Sox have lacked talent in that department for a while now. Melvin Mora?

A.T. Money
06-25-2003, 10:38 AM
People think that Kansas City is going to trade Beltran this year. I have news for you. If the Royals are still hanging around first place by the trading deadline, then Beltran goes no where! Are you kidding me? How can you be in first place, and then trade away one of your stars? No way, not gonna happen. It's almost July folks, and the Royals are still there in first with Minnie (and we're just putting along).

FJA
06-25-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Cubsloseagain911
yeah we need to upgrade at shortstop. The White Sox have lacked talent in that department for a while now. Melvin Mora?

I brought this up in the Ponson thread ... a package with Mora and Ponson would be an unbelievable deal for us. Mora is both a CF and a SS. I don't think Baltimore is looking to trade him, though (something I read on ESPN a week or two ago).

As for Beltran, if the Royals trade him to us, they will become easily the dumbest organization in MLB.

Randar68
06-25-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by FJA
I brought this up in the Ponson thread ... a package with Mora and Ponson would be an unbelievable deal for us. Mora is both a CF and a SS. I don't think Baltimore is looking to trade him, though (something I read on ESPN a week or two ago).

I have to believe Mora is a permanent CF'er now.

MHOUSE
06-25-2003, 11:51 AM
Rowand and Harris are not the future. Aaron is a decent 4th outfielder and Harris is a good guy to have on your bench as a catalyst, but I don't think either will have a long-term starting job in the MLB. It remains to be seen how Harris would do at 2nd, but he's not an MLB CF. Period.

ScottyTheSoxFan
06-25-2003, 11:59 AM
Pierre is batting .293, 42 runs, 0 homeruns, 22 RBI, and 31 steals.

thats more steals than all of the sox...combined. (29 steals) that speed on the bases would be nice

Hullett_Fan
06-25-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
Are you kidding me? How can you be in first place, and then trade away one of your stars?

:reinsy

"It's not as tough as you think!"

How quickly we forget the "white flag"...

hold2dibber
06-25-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Hullett_Fan
:reinsy

"It's not as tough as you think!"

How quickly we forget the "white flag"...

The Sox were in second place, not first, when they made the White Flag trade.

Fisk72
06-25-2003, 03:40 PM

P.S. This is my first time making a post. I just recently joined this site. This is a great site, and people offer some good opinions on the sox.

Welcome aboard!

Konerkoholic
06-25-2003, 10:25 PM
Pierre is just the kind of player this team needs. I like Willie Harris, so he could move to 2nd and Jimenez can be placed on waivers for all I care. That guy is the laziest POS in the league.

Thunderstruck30
06-25-2003, 11:38 PM
What position do Beltran and Pierre play?

Konerkoholic
06-25-2003, 11:40 PM
They both play a good CF.