PDA

View Full Version : Tom Tolbert: "Yeah, the Giants could use Mags"

Bisco Stu
06-25-2003, 04:52 AM
Couldn't believe what I was hearing on Tolbert's local radio show he co-hosts on the Giants flagship station. Some pimply faced geek called in and said, "Do you think the Giants could get Billy Koch and Mags from the White Sox?"

And I thought Tolbert would laugh him off, at least about Mags, but NO, there he went, actually entertaining the idea: "Yeah, the Giants could use someone like Mags in right field. A bat like his? Hell, yeah, etc. etc."

I know Mags is down this year, but Tolbert sounded moronic acting like that trade is a likelihood if the Sox fall out of the race.

Hangar18
06-25-2003, 09:04 AM
When your a 2nd rate, 2-bit Operation, Other teams start
thinking of you as such. really simple actually.

dickallen15
06-25-2003, 09:04 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the White Sox fell out of the race that they would trade Mags. He's going to be making $14 million next year. The season ticket base will fall back with no all star game next year.

Hullett_Fan
06-25-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
Couldn't believe what I was hearing on Tolbert's local radio show he co-hosts on the Giants flagship station. Some pimply faced geek called in and said, "Do you think the Giants could get Billy Koch and Mags from the White Sox?"

And I thought Tolbert would laugh him off, at least about Mags, but NO, there he went, actually entertaining the idea: "Yeah, the Giants could use someone like Mags in right field. A bat like his? Hell, yeah, etc. etc."

I know Mags is down this year, but Tolbert sounded moronic acting like that trade is a likelihood if the Sox fall out of the race.

Tom Tolbert...the former basketball player???

Doesn't know jack about any other sport, so why take his opinion seriously? :?:

gosox41
06-25-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu

For what it's worth (probably not very much), I've heard rumors that if the Sox do fall out of the race they may look to package Colon and Magglio in a trade to get more form a team. This is an unreliable rumor, but I wouldn't put it past Sox managment to do something like this. That way they can limit their options on the number of teams that can actually afford both players. It kind of reminds me how Schu refused to trade Alvarez, Hernandez, and Darwin to an AL team even if it would have been a better trade because he didn't want it to come back and haunt the Sox.

Nice logic. I can't figure out why this team doesn't win.

Bob

Hangar18
06-25-2003, 10:34 AM
No Wonder the Sox havnt done SH** in quite some time.
A few division titles aside, this team needs to get it together.
WINNING TEAMS Reload, LOSING TEAMS Rebuild

fquaye149
06-25-2003, 06:31 PM
i would MAYBE take bonds for maggs. MAYBE