PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Stadium

MRKARNO
06-25-2003, 02:47 AM
How is Yankee stadium that much better than US cellular? The upper decks are just as high and steep, the seats are the same blue, only the shape is really much different. Tell me why Yankee stadium is supposed to be "better" that US cellular

StepsInSC
06-25-2003, 03:04 AM
the yankees play there...??

Meixner007
06-25-2003, 03:48 AM
1) East coast

2) They have plaques with former players faces on them which Roger Clemens kisses before he pitches.

3) And more down to Earth...the Yank-me's do play there. Whether you want to face it or not they are a winning team. I never so much thought of it as a great stadium, but rather a stadium that housed great teams. Other than that, I actually sometimes think yankee stadium looks like the cell...on a bad day :)

hsnterprize
06-25-2003, 07:46 AM
The stadium's age also has a lot to do with it. With today's modern, "retro-looking" ballparks out there, places like Yankee Stadium, in spite of the renovations back in the 70's, will always be revered in baseball lore. Not to mention, the team that plays has won more world championships than any other team in professional sports. Imagine how much more hype Urinal Park at Clark and Addison (or Wrigley Field if you don't get the joke) would get if the Flubs were to win as many world series as the Yanks. If you can't stand Wrigley now, you'd really hate it if there were some legitimate world title banners hanging there.