PDA

View Full Version : Is this the biggest game of the year?

MRKARNO
06-24-2003, 06:25 PM
I think that it's been discussed why this could be the biggest game of the year, but I want to know if everyone else feels this way to. Minnesota's slumping but the sox have never been able to master the Twins in the Twinkiedome. If they do, the sox should be able to take advantage and move up on the twins. Whoever says the sox cant take advantage of any situation is simply misinformed, seeing as they climbed 4 games from 8.5 to 4.5 out pretty darn quickly.

kevingrt
06-24-2003, 11:39 PM
As of now, yes, very much so!

Thunderstruck30
06-24-2003, 11:47 PM
This series and next weeks series against Minnesota are big, but not the biggest. In September there are 7 games with both Minnesota and Kansas City. If the Sox arent out of it by then, then those 14 games will be the biggest.

doublem23
06-24-2003, 11:58 PM
1 game in baseball is less than 1% of the entire season... Trying to single out one game as "the most important" is futile... This is just a really important stretch for us.

MRKARNO
06-25-2003, 12:03 AM
I still think this win was HUGE. Think what would have happened had we lost...bad things. Now we're certainly back in it and we only have to win one of two for a series win, and a sweep is not out of the equation.

lowesox
06-25-2003, 12:47 PM
I think its huge because it will help define the team. Usually, the Sox play like **** after they've played well for a couple games. It's what I call the "proud of ourselves" syndrome.

Tonight's game will be an opportunity to demonstrate a killer instinct that playoff teams need to have. If they can win today, they'll be in position to take 3 games in the standings as opposed to moving up 1 game or down 1.

1951Campbell
06-25-2003, 01:00 PM
This series and next weeks series against Minnesota are big, but not the biggest. In September there are 7 games with both Minnesota and Kansas City. If the Sox arent out of it by then, then those 14 games will be the biggest.

I agree, especially because I simply cannot see the Sox, Twins or Royals going on a tear and burying the other two "contenders" in this fine division .