PDA

View Full Version : nice, tribune

pudge
06-24-2003, 12:57 PM
"Despite their 35-40 record, the Sox are a mere 5 1/2 games behind the Twins, the two-time reigning American League Central champs."

Um, didn't the Indians win in 2001?

Hangar18
06-24-2003, 03:18 PM
The Cubune to me is becoming equated to Cub-poganda

Tribune = Lies

mandmandm
06-24-2003, 03:28 PM
Same article. E Greenstein.

"Brian Daubach will get an opportunity to extend his 10-game hitting streak, during which he's batting .440 with four doubles and two home runs."

Didn't Brian strikeout in the ninth in his only appearance of the day?

Must be recovering from the reunion weekend with his bleacher bum buddies over the weekend.

Hangar18
06-24-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by mandmandm
Same article. E Greenstein.

"Brian Daubach will get an opportunity to extend his 10-game hitting streak, during which he's batting .440 with four doubles and two home runs."

Didn't Brian strikeout in the ninth in his only appearance of the day?

Must be recovering from the reunion weekend with his bleacher bum buddies over the weekend.

I swear, I can imagine what the Sports Dept Looks like over
there. Probably looks like the Cubby Bear at 5am on a
sat nite.

Foulke You
06-24-2003, 04:23 PM
Nice to see one of the largest newspapers in the country do their homework and report nothing but the real facts

maurice
06-24-2003, 05:35 PM
My letter to the editors:

I figured that the Chicago Tribune would seize upon the demise of the credibility of the New York Times and become the new Paper of Record. Imagine how disappointed I was to find that your paper cannot even produce a factually accurate article concerning the mundane topic of baseball. Mr. Greenstein's article today reports not one but two incorrect "facts." The Minnesota Twins are not, in fact, "the two-time reigning American League Central champs," and Brian Daubach does not have a current "10-game hitting streak." I'm not surprised that your staff is unfamiliar with the AL Central, but you might consider hiring editors to read this drivel before it goes to press. At the very least, consider running it past some of the knowledgeable folks over at whitesoxinteractive.com.

You can share your thoughts with the Trib by sending an e-mail message to ctc-TribLetter@Tribune.com.

Konerkoholic
06-24-2003, 09:58 PM
How dare you disrespect the mighty Minnesota Twins! Don't you know they are the best team is baseball? Kyle Lohse should win the Cy Young, and Corey Koskie is the MVP. They play ball the way it should be played.
Maybe Harold Reynolds took up a job writing for the Trib.

doublem23
06-24-2003, 11:54 PM
Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! God help American if the Chicago Tribune is ever destined to become the newspaper of credibility... That rag has been a joke for as long as I can remember.

Hangar18
06-25-2003, 10:35 AM
TRIBUNE = LIES
Sun-Times= Cubpoganda

T Dog
06-25-2003, 04:37 PM
Fortunately for the Tribune, serious journalists and journalism critics don't look at the sports pages when considering a newspaper's credibility.

I don't think this was an intentional error. It was probably a mistake. The kind that you would expect on talk radio where people babble on about things they know nothing about. Of course, the Tribune, like all newspapers, makes mistakes. A couple of years ago I heard at a newspaper editors' conference that the Tribune is running about 200 mistakes, big and small, a day. It's a big newspaper.

But you have to ask yourself, if the reporter doesn't care enough to get something correct when it is a matter of recent history that is well-documented by the printed press guides on his desk, how can you trust his quotes and inside information.