PDA

View Full Version : Trade suggestion

lowesox
06-24-2003, 11:28 AM
Shannon Stewart just came back from the DL, but while he was gone two young guys have performed very well in place of him. Toronto desperately needs pitching, and the sox need offense - so here's what I suggest:

Danny Wright and Matt Ginter
for
Shannon Stewart

This helps both teams out quite a bit. And I think it's fair. And after making the trade the sox could do this:

LF Stewart
2B Jimenez
1b Thomas
RF Maggs
SS Valentin
DH Lee
CF Rowand/Harris
3B Crede
C Olivo

Then the sox could insert Josh Stewart or Jon Rauch back into the rotation.

Randar68
06-24-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by lowesox
Shannon Stewart just came back from the DL, but while he was gone two young guys have performed very well in place of him. Toronto desperately needs pitching, and the sox need offense - so here's what I suggest:

Danny Wright and Matt Ginter
for
Shannon Stewart

This helps both teams out quite a bit. And I think it's fair. And after making the trade the sox could do this:

LF Stewart
2B Jimenez
1b Thomas
RF Maggs
SS Valentin
DH Lee
CF Rowand/Harris
3B Crede
C Olivo

Then the sox could insert Josh Stewart or Jon Rauch back into the rotation.

I like Stewart, but this doesn't address our need for a CF'er.

MHOUSE
06-24-2003, 11:31 AM
What was Shannon Stewart's injury? Could it be a future problem? I think that Stewart will help their lineup more than Wright will help their pitching. With Halladay, Lidle, and Escobar pitching well I think Davis and Hendrickson will hang in at 4-5. They need bullpen help if anything. Find a way to ship them White, Gordon, or Koch.

FJA
06-24-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
I like Stewart, but this doesn't address our need for a CF'er.

My thoughts exactly. I'd rather use Wright for CF trade ammo, if we're going to use him at all as trade ammo.

SoxxoS
06-24-2003, 11:44 AM
Shannon Stewart has chronic hamstring problems. No thanks.

Believe me, I have suffered having him on my fantasy team the past couple years. Great talent, though.

Randar68
06-24-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Shannon Stewart has chronic hamstring problems. No thanks.

Believe me, I have suffered having him on my fantasy team the past couple years. Great talent, though.

Getting away from the AstroTurf will only help that. Playing 82 games in the SkyDome and 17 or 18 more each year in Tampa (not as bad as the old crap in Toronto), should help alleviate some of those issues. The cold weather in the spring is a concern, though.