PDA

View Full Version : gammons is such an a**hole


fquaye149
06-23-2003, 09:25 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/gammons/story?id=1571426


of course he mentions that we are 8 games behind the a's in the wildcard race instead of 5.5 games behind the twins...cuz we could NEVER catch the mighty twins....

gosox41
06-23-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by fquaye149
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/gammons/story?id=1571426


of course he mentions that we are 8 games behind the a's in the wildcard race instead of 5.5 games behind the twins...cuz we could NEVER catch the mighty twins....

:boston

The Twins are the second greatest team in all of baseball, right behind the Red Sox. But of course you've got to remember they don't play major league baseball outside of the East Coast.

gosox41
06-23-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by fquaye149
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/gammons/story?id=1571426


of course he mentions that we are 8 games behind the a's in the wildcard race instead of 5.5 games behind the twins...cuz we could NEVER catch the mighty twins....

I just watched "Baseball Tonight" and Gammons comes off as such an a** hole. He made 3 references to Boston, none of which were really necessary.

1. Mentions Joe Torre may be the next manager of the Red Sox next season because he's hinted he's had it in NY. Either that or he's going to retire in Hawaii accoring to the knowledgable one.

2. A piece was done on walk off home runs and of course one of the hosts of the show lobbed a softball question in like "What are the greatest walk off home runs ever?" and right away he goes to the 1975 Red Sox. Obiviously it was a big home run, but the question almost seemed rigged as a way for Peter to talk about his Red Sox.

3. On oen of the segments (I think 'Out of the Box' or whatever it's called) Peter talks about how Yankee fan Bruce Sprigsteen is performing a concert in Fenway the same day the Red Sox are playing New York. Who cares???

Bob

TheRockinMT
06-23-2003, 10:34 PM
Gammons is a funny little guy in more ways than one. He wrote that the Sox were in the running for a wild card probably becasue he forgot what teams were in the AL Central. Howver, on BBTN he acknowledges that Esteban Loaiza should be the AL starter in the all-star game. Go figure.

MHOUSE
06-23-2003, 11:45 PM
He just mentioned that Springstein will perform at Fenway park and it seemed to have no relevance whatsoever. He just randomly finds every way possible to throw Boston and the BoSox in there whenever.

LuvSox
06-24-2003, 06:02 AM
:boston
I'm having Nomar's baby.

Spiff
06-24-2003, 07:19 AM
Springsteen playing in Fenway is a pretty big story it was just announced yesterday.

hold2dibber
06-24-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Spiff
Springsteen playing in Fenway is a pretty big story it was just announced yesterday.

It may be a pretty big entertainment/music story; doesn't seem like a particuarly important baseball story.

Spiff
06-24-2003, 07:45 AM
Well the thing is that Fenway, when not used for concerts, is used for baseball.

gosox41
06-24-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Spiff
Well the thing is that Fenway, when not used for concerts, is used for baseball.

I heart there's a concert at the Cell sometime in August. I forgot who it is, but maybe it can become one of the most popular threads on WSI.

Blueprint1
06-24-2003, 08:48 AM
I think its Fleetwood MAc

Tragg
06-24-2003, 09:08 AM
All in all, it was an accurate piece, including the Sox - he's right - we should have swept Boston or at least 3/4.

Dadawg_77
06-24-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
I think its Fleetwood MAc


No the Boss, just got an email from the Sox offering tickets at $80 bucks a pop.

Hangar18
06-24-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
He just mentioned that Springstein will perform at Fenway park and it seemed to have no relevance whatsoever. He just randomly finds every way possible to throw Boston and the BoSox in there whenever.

Hes an East Coast version of Mark Murphy on the Score,
(or whatever the hell his name is) always talking Cub when
he can throw it in there.

FarmerAndy
06-24-2003, 01:42 PM
Every sports talk show has mentioned the Springsteen concert at Fenway, so Gammons wasn't out of line in bringing it up.

I don't mind Gammons all that much. At this point in 2003, White Sox fans don't need to be complaining about lack of praise from the media. We don't deserve much praise. If we get back to a .500+ record and pull within a game or two of 1st place, then we can demand more from the media. Until then though, the White Sox need to put up. I wont deny that Gammons has a little hometown bias. But right now the Red Sox are right at the top of the heap with the Yankees and Blue Jays, so they deserve the attention.

Right now we need to worry about our White Sox climbing back up abouve the .500 mark, not about media attention.


*P.S. If any season ticket holders here have an opportunity to purchase Springsteen tickets and aren't interested in going, I would be willing to send you $$ if you would order them. His shows sell out way too fast.

Dadawg_77
06-24-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy

*P.S. If any season ticket holders here have an opportunity to purchase Springsteen tickets and aren't interested in going, I would be willing to send you $$ if you would order them. His shows sell out way too fast.

Season ticket holders can get up to 8 tickets. PM me and I'll see what I can do.