PDA

View Full Version : New Sign

maurice
06-23-2003, 11:27 AM
Today, they're replacing the old masonry piece over the main entrance (which was engraved "Comiskey Park") with a new piece engraved "U.S. Cellular Field."

dickallen15
06-23-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by maurice
Today, they're replacing the old masonry piece over the main entrance (which was engraved "Comiskey Park") with a new piece engraved "U.S. Cellular Field."

The first payment must have cleared.

jortafan
06-23-2003, 12:56 PM
It's about time. I was starting to think JR was going to be so half-butted about this as to leave the old name on the new building. THAT would be disrespectful to the name of Comiskey.

rmusacch
06-23-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by jortafan
It's about time. I was starting to think JR was going to be so half-butted about this as to leave the old name on the new building. THAT would be disrespectful to the name of Comiskey.

They have had a banner over it.

hose
06-23-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by maurice

I seen the crane in the parking lot :(:

Foulke You
06-23-2003, 02:09 PM
I understand that they needed to change the sign since it isn't Comsikey Park anymore. :(: Let's hope the retired numbers go back up too. I would really hate for us not to be able to show off the White Sox heritage like Luke Appling, Nellie Fox, Carlton Fisk, etc. on a national stage.

anewman35
06-23-2003, 04:27 PM
I'm assuming they are going to put banners up with all the names of the all-stars (instead of the retired numbers). The last couple all-star games have all had banners like that...

TheRockinMT
06-23-2003, 10:51 PM
I had the opportunity to see a Sox game in Chicago only one and that was at Old Comiskey in 1987. I would hope they take that Comiskey sign and place it in a special place of honor inside the Cell.