PDA

View Full Version : Park security

Blueprint1
06-23-2003, 09:23 AM
I noticed many fights at Wrigley yesterday. One thing i saw was people getting into a fist fight and the security would not make an attrest or kick anyone out of the the ballpark. The only thing that would happen is the security would seprate the people. Maybe this is how the cubs make it look as though none of this stuff happens at their ballpark.

dickallen15
06-23-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
I noticed many fights at Wrigley yesterday. One thing i saw was people getting into a fist fight and the security would not make an attrest or kick anyone out of the the ballpark. The only thing that would happen is the security would seprate the people. Maybe this is how the cubs make it look as though none of this stuff happens at their ballpark.

Was that the one in right center. They were throwing haymakers for about 10 minutes.

Hangar18
06-23-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by dickallen15
Was that the one in right center. They were throwing haymakers for about 10 minutes.

I was watching that one from the upper deck. Notice how
the Media hasnt MENTIONED THE BRAWLS at all. Instead,
were getting the Fluffy Media friendly story about how the
Cubs are so much closer now, now that Wendell Kim
was crying for sending the guy home in Saturdays Loss to the
Sox. Never mind that it was a pretty good throw/relay
to get him Out. No. the story is about a Cub who Could.
Poor cubbie. When theres a fight in Comiskey, security
is there in Seconds. I saw fights go on and on and on.
WEve got COPS working in COmiskey. theyve got these Little
Old Ladies and little old men working security there.

Hangar18
06-23-2003, 10:35 AM
and the kids. some of the most foul mouthed little guys
ive seen in a while. And the parents were there too.

Blueprint1
06-23-2003, 10:39 AM
No i was on the ramp on the way down and saw two cubs fans start hitting this sox fan in the head. the security guard just steped in between and told them to walk the other way. i was like umm at Comiskey you get arrested for that. Yeah i saw the fight in right field i coudnt belive how long it went on and noone broke it up. Someone is going to get killed there if they dont stop these fights.

HoosierHerb
06-23-2003, 12:21 PM
I hope the Sox have security ready for this editon of the cross-town. I was at a Sox-Cubs game when Carlos Lee hit the GW Grand Slam in the 10th and the place went nuts. Fights broke out on both sides of my friends and I. There was a "security guard" in my section who looked like he was all of about 15 years old. He wanted no part of breaking anything up. If something like that happens (probably minor fights compared to the meelees at the Urinal) the media will be all over it. I know rowdy fans are all a part of it, but the Sox need to be extremely vigilant this weekend so the "wonderful" Rob Gallas PR machine does not take another incident.

DrCrawdad
06-23-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Blueprint1

IF the media mentioned anything about the fights you know what would be said, "Sox fans ignite fights at the usually peaceful Wrigley."

HoosierHerb
06-23-2003, 12:53 PM
Does anyone have the statistic that came out a few years back that compared game day crime instances between the adjacent areas of Wrigleey and Comiskey/Cell? I recall it was something like Comiskey/cell n=<5 to Wrigley n=>30. Somewhere in that range anyway. I think I read that in the fine print in the Cubune a while back.

kevingrt
06-23-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
IF the media mentioned anything about the fights you know what would be said, "Sox fans ignite fights at the usually peaceful Wrigley."

You're so right in that assessment.