PDA

View Full Version : The Wrigley Experience this Weekend...

Hangar18
06-23-2003, 09:15 AM
I hate to make a vague generalization here.....
but man, Those are some Stupid Fans. In discussing things
with them, throw out some stats, some truths, and some Real
world Facts, those people just get Mad and call you names.
They think its funny when you explain to them how they acquired
certain players, and they say Sox Fans are Trailer Trash.
Dumb ass fans

mandmandm
06-23-2003, 09:46 AM
I know this is a Sox board and I am a huge Sox fan and hate the Cubs. I think it is a bit of a generalization that all Cubs fans are stupid. In general there are a lot of stupid people. Yes, there are a lot of morons who don't care about the game and are there to feel superior about themselves or go to Wrigley to be part of the "scene." If you think that this coming weekend there are going to be 30,000 Sox fans at each game keeping score and watching each pitch of the game closely you are wrong. There are going to be a bunch of people from both sides of town who will drink too much and get into Frank Sucks/Sosa Sucks arguments. These people don't go to the other games during the year but for six games claim to be the biggest fans of their respective teams. I think this takes away from the crosstown series. I was was at the game yesterday and had a great experience except for the outcome. There were a lot of Sox fans around me so that may be part of the reason. But I have had many intelligent conversations with Cubs fans in the past. Two kids sitting near us spent the whole game shouting sucks (Frank Sucks, Maggs Sucks, Bartolo Sucks,etc). It was not worth it to even get in a conversation with them because they were morons. If their parents were there I may have yelled at them for raising such morons. Anyway, sorry if I am rambling, but I think it is more a societal issue than a Cubs fans issue.

dickallen15
06-23-2003, 09:50 AM
They are imbiciles. Every pop up they think is a homerun. When Corky poped out to cf about 125 feet short of the wall this moron Cub fan was screaming "yeah baby" in my ear. And when Magglio was called out and JM argued, the same guy said some Sox fan will probably come out and beat up the umpire. Their team wins 1 out of 3 and you think they just won the World Series. One guy was screaming when I was leaving at least you can't break out the brooms" I truly hate Cub fans when they are in the Urinal.

alohafri
06-23-2003, 10:04 AM
I have to agree with Dick. There are imbeciles on both sides of town, but on the North side, there are "fans" who will give a standing ovation to a liar and a cheat. If it was Big Frank that corked his bat, I would be the first in line to boo him. I would be embarassed and po'd and would not tolerate any "excuse" for cheating. I doubt if most Sox fans would.

That's the difference. Like Dick said, every routine fly ball by Corky is cheered like a HR. But notice that at the cell, people pretty much hold back the really loud cheering until the ball is safely over the fence.

(from Mrs. Aloha)

Hangar18
06-23-2003, 10:12 AM
Like I said in another thread, the 2 cub fans over at Yakzies
and the other guy at Fuel notwithstanding, These are definitely
some of the Dumbest Fans Ive ever met. Ever.

HoosierHerb
06-23-2003, 10:19 AM
My favorite reply in a baseball discussion with an inebriated Cubs fan is simply "Who plays LEFT field for you." Usually they pause, think then say something completely genious like "Maggs sucks". :gulp:

delben91
06-23-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by HoosierHerb
My favorite reply in a baseball discussion with an inebriated Cubs fan is simply "Who plays LEFT field for you." Usually they pause, think then say something completely genious like "Maggs sucks". :gulp:

It's so philosopical that it's beyond my comprehension. Oh to be as smart as those Cub fans.

And while I'm at it, welcome aboard!!

:gulp: