PDA

View Full Version : Sun-Times take on Manuel's Blunder

ssang
06-23-2003, 08:30 AM
See if this helps sway your thoughts on Manuel's IDIOTIC decision. Here is what I found in today's Sun-Times...

The Sox scored the first run of the game on Miguel Olivo's sacrifice fly in the top of the sixth. ''What's Baker doing?'' Studs said. ''Why didn't he walk Olivo with Colon coming up? And he should have had Corey Patter-son bunt. That's two bad plays by Baker.''

The worst was yet to come for a Sox fan, though.

''He's not taking Colon out, is he?'' Studs said incredulously as Jerry Manuel came out to lift his starting pitcher who had only given up three hits into the bottom of the eighth. ''I don't believe this. The Cubs are going to win this game. John McGraw would be turning over in his grave.''

And moments later, the Cubs did indeed win.

''The Cubs should send Manuel a bouquet of roses or a box of Fannie Mays,'' Studs said. ''Baker made two boners, but Manuel out-mismanaged him.''

dickallen15
06-23-2003, 08:52 AM
Manuel was exposed during the 2000 playoffs and has been outmanaged since. Sunday, however, was not his fault. Although I did question his double switch in the 8th with Graffinino. Then he pinch hits for Graffinino, Wouldn' t you rather have Crede, the far superior glove in the game, considering your going to use a pinch hitter anyway? Mind boggeling.

34 Inch Stick
06-23-2003, 10:26 AM
Did Studs crap his diapers when he saw all the mistakes?

Viva Magglio
06-23-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Did Studs crap his diapers when he saw all the mistakes?

Like the rest Sox fans of us did?

jeremyb1
06-23-2003, 05:03 PM
well since a unimportant, uninformed fan with no credentials thinks manuel made a mistake he must be correct.