PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Phil Rogers article

MRKARNO
06-23-2003, 01:29 AM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-030622rogerscolumn,1,7719857.column?coll=cs-home-headlines

For those who are tribune registered

He's right on all aspects. At least Phil, who is by far the best writer and media person (including radio), in the city as far as baseball is concerned, can look beyond one game at a time. He showed a side of the Twins that I havent seen yet, the crumbling side.

The truth is that the royals will trade away their chances of a division title this year and the twins are crumbling so the sox have the best chance in the past 3 years to take the division. It's hard to see this twins team, who it seems has very bad chemistry, winning the division

Lip Man 1
06-23-2003, 02:51 AM
I know Daver has brought this up in the past but perhaps it's time for a reminder.

PLEASE do not post ENTIRE stories from other publications here at WSI.

That's the surest way to get MLB involved in trying to close the site down (as they already have to a pair of Astros sites and also a Yankee one). You can certainly post parts of stories but PLEASE not the whole thing

Thanks!!!

As far as Phil's story the Sox get another acid test in Minnesota. They do not play well there, Mark Buehrle is quoted in today's Tribune as saying he's never pitched well there. Go back and look at the totally biased recap section and see how literally every game, the Twins get some broken bat hits or Carlos Lee screws up in left field or the hit a ball that bounces off an infielders glove.

Minnesota is perfectly built for the abortion that they call a ballpark. Sorry I think they'll take 2 of 3 again.

Lip

A.T. Money
06-23-2003, 11:24 AM
I hope he's right about the Twins.

The next 9 games will determine our season.

Twins, Cubs, Twins.

I personally think we need to win 7 of those 9 to really have a shot.