PDA

View Full Version : How many games will we win in Minnesota this week?

Viva Magglio
06-22-2003, 08:25 PM
This Minnesota series is really more important to us than this Cubs series. Granted, I hate losing to the Cubs more than anybody. However, losing to them cannot damage whatever contention hopes we have as losing to Minnesota does, obviously. It is my goal that we take two of three from the Twins in the facility named for the late Hubert H. Humphery.

whitesoxwilkes
06-22-2003, 08:36 PM
I agree. We need to take 2 games from the slumping Twinkies in that godforsaken stadium named after one of Viva's political heroes. :)

voodoochile
06-22-2003, 10:54 PM
I'd love to see the Sox win this upcoming series (duh!). In fact if they can play with the same intensity they showed this weekend, then they just might, but the Twinkies seem to have our number, so it will be a major feat if they manage it...

Time to find out if Manuel can actually motivate his boys to play hard against teams that actually matter...

doublem23
06-22-2003, 11:12 PM
I think they are playing well enough and Minnesota is playing poorly enough for us to sneak out with a pair of wins, at least.

sox_fan_forever
06-22-2003, 11:17 PM
I think they can win two. Actually, what I really think is that it will be another one of these "we could have won the series if so and so hadn't screwed up." Series like that seem to have happened a lot lately. It almost happened in this Cubs series on Saturday.

kevingrt
06-23-2003, 01:17 PM
I want to say two or more, and I hope two or more... SO

I'm gonna say two, haha

I HOPE

thecell
06-23-2003, 02:17 PM
sweep

cheeses_h_rice
06-23-2003, 02:18 PM
It's called "reversion to the mean"....Sox win only 1.

voodoochile
06-23-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
It's called "reversion to the mean"....Sox win only 1.

I think that is "regression to the mean", but what the heck does daver know? :D:

I went with 3 because I am a fan first and foremost and I refuse to pick the Sox to lose no matter how badly they are playing...

cheeses_h_rice
06-23-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I think that is "regression to the mean", but what the heck does daver know? :D:

I went with 3 because I am a fan first and foremost and I refuse to pick the Sox to lose no matter how badly they are playing...

Urgh, I think you're right...maybe?

Well, I only picked the Sox to take 2 of 6 from the Flubbies and I'm on pace to be pretty off with that pick, so I guess my reverse-psychology here is working for the better.

I just don't like the way the Sox play in crucial games, and especially against the Twinks in the Baggie Dome.

moochpuppy
06-23-2003, 02:24 PM
The Twins starters have been pitching poorly of late and they haven't been scoring many runs. It's this series or never for the Sox this season.

Foulke You
06-23-2003, 02:32 PM
The Twins have been playing poorly overall and have been struggling at the baggy dome. As we Sox fans know though, the HHH dome has been been a house of horrors for our team. The Sox need to reverse this trend now. We need to stomp them when they are down. I would be happy with 2 out of 3 but a sweep would be the ultimate statement that we are back in the race. Loaiza, Garland, and Buehrle have all pitched well and give us a good shot at it. For the first time ever I feel pretty good about our chances in the dome. A series win could be a huge psychological blow to the Twins. They've just dropped 3 out of 4 to 2nd place KC, and dropped a series to the Brewers. Another series loss to their other AL Central archrival could send them reeling.

It could also give KW the green light to possibly ADD a player to our team (CF anyone?) rather than White Flagging it. This is by far the biggest series of the year. It doesn't get much bigger than this.

:jerry
"This is a big series for us which is why I have 3 different lineups prepared for each game."

Twins8791
06-23-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
The Twins starters have been pitching poorly of late and they haven't been scoring many runs.
You're half right. In the four game series last week against KC, the Twins outscored them 37-33.

Blueprint1
06-24-2003, 02:23 AM
Once again i ask the same question why do we let this troll post on the WSI message board. He always comes on here to rip the sox and bring up the Twins. I really dont get it

voodoochile
06-24-2003, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
Once again i ask the same question why do we let this troll post on the WSI message board. He always comes on here to rip the sox and bring up the Twins. I really dont get it

What was trollish about that last comment? He brought up a point about the numbers in the game. It hardly ripped on the Sox and having people around who know the competition never hurts.

Just let it go. Daver and I will worry about the trolls.

Blueprint1
06-24-2003, 09:39 AM
Why don't you go to all his other posts. Plus look at his name i can tell hes a real whitesox fan. Maybe you should yell at me for being a Troll. i mean Twins8791 the years they won the worldseries really sounds like a sox fan.

fhqwhgads
06-24-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
Why don't you go to all his other posts. Plus look at his name i can tell hes a real whitesox fan. Maybe you should yell at me for being a Troll. i mean Twins8791 the years they won the worldseries really sounds like a sox fan.

Blueprint,

Some Twins fans post and read here because they like to see how intelligent fans of other teams feel about their squad, and to gain a little insight on the perceived strengths and weaknesses of a rival.

Last I checked, there was no WSI policy on not letting non-White Sox fans read or post to these boards, as long as they aren't trying to start trouble. Lighten up, man.

GO TWINS! (voodoochile-approved sig) :smile:

StillMissOzzie
06-25-2003, 02:47 AM
They really need to win at least 2 out of 3. They've got the first one under their belt already, but I'm worried about Cy Mays. He owns this team! So they lose Wednesday, win on Thurday, and come back on a high note to whip the Scrubs at the Cell this weekend. But a sweep would sure be sweet!

:gulp:

MRKARNO
06-25-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie
They really need to win at least 2 out of 3. They've got the first one under their belt already, but I'm worried about Cy Mays. He owns this team! So they lose Wednesday, win on Thurday, and come back on a high note to whip the Scrubs at the Cell this weekend. But a sweep would sure be sweet!

:gulp:

Wouldn't that make beating Joe Mays that much better because of the fact that he's owned us?