PDA

View Full Version : Manuel or someone else

Meixner007
06-22-2003, 05:20 PM
even if Bartolo's hand was hurting...considering all thing moves JM has made, if you had the choice for manager would you rather have him or any other possible person in the HISTORY of man kind?

Meixner007
06-22-2003, 06:49 PM
for those of you voting for JM please explain why. I'm not just talking about today's game, but overall I think he's been atrocious when it comes to managing the bullpen.

voodoochile
06-22-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Meixner007
for those of you voting for JM please explain why. I'm not just talking about today's game, but overall I think he's been atrocious when it comes to managing the bullpen.

Because it is a stupid question...

Manuel or Lique? Manuel.

Manuel or Mike Tyson? Manuel.

Manuel or Torre? Torre.

But it is too open ended. I don't want just any old ass clown managing the Sox (isn't that what we already have?). I want a proven winner...

Meixner007
06-22-2003, 08:33 PM
So in your own words we have an assclown managing. So what's the harm in closing our eyes and pointing at someone to be the next manager. I guess it's the fact that I can't stand his passifict ways and idle threats to the team...especailly since this team needs a good asswhoopin and threats to be followed up.

voodoochile
06-22-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Meixner007
So in your own words we have an assclown managing. So what's the harm in closing our eyes and pointing at someone to be the next manager. I guess it's the fact that I can't stand his passifict ways and idle threats to the team...especailly since this team needs a good asswhoopin and threats to be followed up.

Yes, but he's at least an ass clown with some credentials. I don't think Manuel should be out of baseball, I just think he is a lousy MLB manager. I want the next guy to be more established, or at least have a plan for how to use the players he gets.

99.999% of the population cannot do that better than Manuel. That steal leaves a very large talent pool out there, but Manuel is still definitely in the minority of the worlds population when it comes to understanding baseball and managing a major league team.