PDA

View Full Version : We have been doing better over the past two weeks

Viva Magglio
06-22-2003, 04:46 PM
Despite how all pissed off we are over losing to the evil empire this afternoon, I am pleased with how we have been playing over the last two weeks. Granted, the losses during those past couple weeks have been frustrating. However, we have been getting better.

We have won three of our last five series (Dodgers, Padres, Cubs) while splitting one (Red Sox) and losing one (Giants). At the same time, Minnesota is struggling. I will be pleased if we take two of three from the Twins this week. If we manage to win two of three on a consistent basis (might not be very hard in July), we'll be in the race.

ilsox7
06-22-2003, 04:48 PM
I agree Viva. The problem is, those games we are losing we have had such a good chance to win. And when you continuously lose games that are winnable, methinks it's time to make a change. Especially when there are NUMEROUS decisions being made that are quite questionable.

gosox41
06-22-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Despite how all pissed off we are over losing to the evil empire this afternoon, I am pleased with how we have been playing over the last two weeks. Granted, the losses during those past couple weeks have been frustrating. However, we have been getting better.

We have won three of our last five series (Dodgers, Padres, Cubs) while splitting one (Red Sox) and losing one (Giants). At the same time, Minnesota is struggling. I will be pleased if we take two of three from the Twins this week. If we manage to win two of three on a consistent basis (might not be very hard in July), we'll be in the race.

This weekend was a good example of the Sox...two steps forward, 2 steps backward.

They need to hit in the clutch. It shouldn't be as hard as the players are making it.

Bob

Tragg
06-22-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
[B]Despite how all pissed off we are over losing to the evil empire this afternoon, I am pleased with how we have been playing over the last two weeks. ]

We seem to be playing better, but the bottom line is that we've played .500 - against decent competition, yes, but 500 nonetheless

Lip Man 1
06-22-2003, 05:13 PM
Let's see we blew a game in the 9th against the Giants....we let the Red Sox beat us in ten innings despite giving up only four hits...and now we blow another game in the 8th inning to the Cubs.

We're playing better alright only because the rest of the division is awful.

Lip

ChiSox14305635
06-22-2003, 06:43 PM
5 1/2 out. And we have the Twinkies for 13 more. We can still take the Twinkies. But it has to start Tuesday night.

whitesoxwilkes
06-22-2003, 07:39 PM
2 games per series is a respectable clip. Let's head up to MInny, take a couple from the Twinkies and then thrash the Cubs on our turf..and then spank the Twins again at the Cell. We have a cake schedule in July and it's time to start kickin some butt.

DonkeyKongerko
06-22-2003, 08:07 PM
This 2 game stuff is just ok in my opinion. The past 2 weekends have reminded me alot of 2001 was it? The year when the Sox could never win on Sundays. We have lost the past two Sundays very winnable games preventing two sweeps at scores of 2-1 and 1-0 now.