PDA

View Full Version : What the hell, Rick White

Jjav829
06-21-2003, 11:28 PM
Did anyone see the quotes out of this piece of crap?

"It's funny because for the parks being so close, the fans are a lot different," White said. "I don't know what it is, but I'm going to keep an eye open for the next few days.

"During batting practice today, the Cubs fans knew where I was last year and the year before. They were yelling stuff going all the way back to when I was in New York.

"The fans have a clue as to what's going on. Over at our place, they say you (stink). Basically, I have (stunk) for most of the season."

The fans at Wrigley have a clue what is going on? What the hell is he talking about?! Am I misreading this or is he saying the fans at Wrigley are smarter than the fans at The Cell?

Link (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20030621&content_id=385692&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cha)

kevingrt
06-21-2003, 11:36 PM
Next time he comes on the mound at the Cell he will here his fair share of boos not just b/c he sucks but hes a dick of a man

Kilroy
06-21-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
Next time he comes on the mound at the Cell he will here his fair share of boos not just b/c he sucks but hes a dick of a man

Why? What did you read? I saw something that said that he's heard fans at the Cell say that he's sucked all year, and he agreed. You're gonna boo him for that?

RedPinStripes
06-22-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Jjav829

The fans at Wrigley have a clue what is going on? What the hell is he talking about?! Am I misreading this or is he saying the fans at Wrigley are smarter than the fans at The Cell?

Link (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20030621&content_id=385692&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cha)

Ok, now he needs to be shot ...............Daver, where's the desert eagle?

fquaye149
06-22-2003, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
Why? What did you read? I saw something that said that he's heard fans at the Cell say that he's sucked all year, and he agreed. You're gonna boo him for that?

he was being facetious... he was saying that sox fans only boo him for one thing and that's all he's heard all year... that they don't know enough but to boo because of one performance. he won't admit that he actually sucks...little does he know most of those ridiculous cubs fans just probably read up before the games about pitcher's careers to try to get a ball.

that's a big difference from knowledge of the game

DonkeyKongerko
06-22-2003, 03:54 AM
What I got from this was the Cubs remember him being pretty lights-out for the Cards. I think this is what he means when he says they know where has been and so on. Sox fans really have had no reason to pay attention to him before because he was in the NL.

Tragg
06-22-2003, 10:24 AM
I don't trust him, but I think it's time to let White pitch in meaningful situations again. His last few appearances have been good.
As for the fans, wasn't he a national league pitcher before this year? Yea, so sure the cubs know where he's been and razz him for that. And I haven't seen a fan yet boo an opposing player because he sucks - that's what fans do to their players.

kevingrt
06-22-2003, 10:36 AM
I took it as being, Cubs fans are more knowledgeable then Sox fans and that is a most ultimate insult to us fans.

voodoochile
06-22-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
I don't trust him, but I think it's time to let White pitch in meaningful situations again. His last few appearances have been good.
As for the fans, wasn't he a national league pitcher before this year? Yea, so sure the cubs know where he's been and razz him for that. And I haven't seen a fan yet boo an opposing player because he sucks - that's what fans do to their players.

He also pitched in StL as recently as last year and again before that. Flubbie fans know the Cards like we knew the Indians in the 90's and the Twins these past few years.

gosox41
06-22-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829

I think he's just frustrated with the booing, which most of it is well deserved. He made a comment when San Fran. was in town about he got booed for throwing a strike to Bonds.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Bob

FanOf14
06-22-2003, 08:24 PM
When did this team become such a bunch of prissy crybabies? I can't remember the last time I heard so many Sox players whining and crying about being booed (when they so richly deserved it). These brats need to do some growing up and quick. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Kilroy
06-22-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by fquaye149
he was being facetious... he was saying that sox fans only boo him for one thing and that's all he's heard all year... that they don't know enough but to boo because of one performance. he won't admit that he actually sucks...little does he know most of those ridiculous cubs fans just probably read up before the games about pitcher's careers to try to get a ball.

that's a big difference from knowledge of the game

It's unbelievable how you can detect the sarcasm in the printed word. Especially without the teal. Can you tell the rest of us how you do that? And also how you can determine all those other thoughts out of his statments, even tho he didn't state a single one of them.

He said the Cub fans knew something. There was nothing said that suggested Sox fans didn't know the same things.

And when White said "The fans have a clue as to what's going on", how can you tell which group of fans he's referring to? How can you tell he's not referring to both? How can you tell he's not referring to baseball fans everywhere? You can't.

I suggest you stop filling in between the lines and just read what was said. There's no veiled praise of Cub fans and insult to Sox fans here.

jeremyb1
06-23-2003, 01:46 AM
i don't entirely blame him. i agree with most fans that playing complaining about being booed is entirely unacceptable. it is the fans perogative. they pay to put the players' salaries, they pay a good deal of money to come out to the park, and sox fans are intense fans who do support their team when they play well.

however, i personally think the booing is way overboard. i will never boo a player in a sox uniform because i think its inappropriate. it won't help the players who in most cases (such as white's or buehrle's) are trying their absolute hardest. i can't blame someone like garland, white, or buehrle for getting frustrated about the booing. if you go out there and want so badly to succeed, give it your best, and are already miserable because of your poor performance, you can't help but feel suicidal when your own fans treat you in that manner. its part of the game but it can't ever feel good.

Hangar18
06-23-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
It's unbelievable how you can detect the sarcasm in the printed word. Especially without the teal. Can you tell the rest of us how you do that? And also how you can determine all those other thoughts out of his statments, even tho he didn't state a single one of them.

He said the Cub fans knew something. There was nothing said that suggested Sox fans didn't know the same things.

And when White said "The fans have a clue as to what's going on", how can you tell which group of fans he's referring to? How can you tell he's not referring to both? How can you tell he's not referring to baseball fans everywhere? You can't.

I suggest you stop filling in between the lines and just read what was said. There's no veiled praise of Cub fans and insult to Sox fans here.

I will agree here. this wasnt that bad. besides... White
knows better. and he knows he Sucks. I was at Wrigley all
weekend, with the exception of a guy over at Fuel, and
a couple guys at Yakzies, these are some really stupid fans.

fquaye149
06-23-2003, 06:07 PM
here's the quote i read guys:

"It's funny because for the parks being so close, the fans are a lot different," White said. "I don't know what it is, but I'm going to keep an eye open for the next few days.

"During batting practice today, the Cubs fans knew where I was last year and the year before. They were yelling stuff going all the way back to when I was in New York.

"The fans have a clue as to what's going on. Over at our place, they say you (stink). Basically, I have (stunk) for most of the season."

the whole point of the quote is praising the cubs fan for their knowledge of his career. he says "the fans have a clue as to what's going on." he says cubs fans were able to catalog his career and everything. then he says, "over at our place, they say you stink."

these are not the words of someone who thinks that the cell fans have "a clue as to what's going on." otherwise why would he have said, "over at our place, they say you stink." that stands in stark contrast to "during batting practice...the cubs fans knew where i was last year and the year before. they were yelling stuff going all the way back to when i was in new york"

can you see that?

he is saying that cubs fans yell a variety of informed things, whereas sox fans will only yell "you stink", which strikes him as uninformed.

obviously i dont' agree with that...but it's not exactly reading between the lines...i was just trying to understand what i was reading.