PDA

View Full Version : Fans at Sat. Game

soxwon
06-21-2003, 11:47 PM
i sat in the 215 section, a lot of sox fans around me, one sox fan in front of me got in a loud discusiion with a drunk cubs fan 2 rows behind me, it started out friendly until the Cubs fan started say loudly THE SOX SUCK DICK-THE SOX EAT THE DOUCHE, there were several older fans around us. Its ok to say The Sox Suck Or The Cubs Suck, but to start saying Dick And What Not that disgusting
WELL IT IS THE URIANAL.
speaking of -how about those bathrooms, its like the stockyards, Simply the pits, The sox are Cleaner More Spacious.
Ok anyone have problems with cub fans So far?

alohafri
06-22-2003, 12:07 AM
We were at the game today with our flub fan friends. We didn't encounter any riffraff today like we have in past years at the Urinal. Maybe it was due to the fact that a (former) first place team got beat 2x in a row by a sub .500 team?

Victory was sweet these past few days. Kinda makes it easier to endure that awful dump up north...

(from Mrs. Aloha)

FJA
06-22-2003, 02:08 AM
No problems for me ... I was surprised that I alone probably outcheered the Flub fans in my section. They don't seem to care as much as in years past.

Well, that and they're getting rocked. :D:

DrCrawdad
06-22-2003, 05:18 AM
It was a suprisingly small Sox Fan turnout. Of the 39,000 + I'll bet there weren't more than 2,000 Sox Fans here. - Les Grobstein about Friday's game.

Meixner007
06-22-2003, 05:25 AM
where did you get that. I like the grobber, but he's very "tilted" in his views. I doubt he gave his press pass to any sox fans yesterday :)

DrCrawdad
06-22-2003, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Meixner007
where did you get that. I like the grobber, but he's very "tilted" in his views. I doubt he gave his press pass to any sox fans yesterday :)

That was from an email that Les sent me. Les counts crowds at Cubs/Sox games with his Cubbie Blue Glasses on.

I told my Cubbie fan father-in-law about Les' comment. The father-in-law laughed skeptically about Les' comment then added that those less than 2K Sox fans sure made a lot of noise when Olivo hit the Grand Slam.

TommyJohn
06-22-2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
That was from an email that Les sent me. Les counts crowds at Cubs/Sox games with his Cubbie Blue Glasses on.

I told my Cubbie fan father-in-law about Les' comment. The father-in-law laughed skeptically about Les' comment then added that those less than 2K Sox fans sure made a lot of noise when Olivo hit the Grand Slam.

I like Les, but he's obviously trying to make it seem like very few
Sox fans make up the sellout Wrigley crowds, as opposed to next
week's series at the Cell. I'm betting that he'll proudly announce that half of the crowds were made up of Cub fans.

hose
06-22-2003, 09:44 AM

What's up with the guy in the crawfish suit on Waveland yesterday?

Sounds like infringement to me.

MarqSox
06-22-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by hose

That was one of the odder sights I've seen in awhile.

voodoochile
06-22-2003, 10:46 AM

You could see it was an advertising suit for the retaurant "Heaven on Seven" which is a cajun restaurtant - hence the crawfish.

DrCrawdad
06-22-2003, 01:57 PM

http://www.austinpowers.com/objects/images/cast/mikemyers.jpg
"That's not right!"

hose
06-23-2003, 10:07 AM
Crawdad I haven't heard Les lately do you think he is moonlighting in that crawfish suit?

I think you inspired him :D:

We need a cool tag of Grobber so we can poke a little fun at him and his "2000 Sox fans at Cubs Park" routine...

http://www.espnradio1000.com/listingsEntry.asp?ID=58890&PT=hosts

hose
06-28-2003, 07:58 AM

I have to believe that Grobber will concede that of the 45,417 at the "Cell" at least 1/2 were Sox fans

I'm sure Les will point out that more than 1/2 of the vendors and security are Cub fans giving the Northsiders the edge in overall attendance for the game. :D:

DrCrawdad
06-28-2003, 10:00 AM
I have to believe that Grobber will concede that of the 45,417 at the "Cell" at least 1/2 were Sox fans

I'm sure Les will point out that more than 1/2 of the vendors and security are Cub fans giving the Northsiders the edge in overall attendance for the game. :D:

I saw quite a few Cubbie fans yesterday...I was surprised how many were wearing the tee-shirts with the Cubbie logo with the Cubs replaced by Cork.

WinningUgly!
06-28-2003, 10:05 AM

We need a cool tag of Grobber so we can poke a little fun at him and his "2000 Sox fans at Cubs Park" routine...

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=151104
"I've always liked the way these floppy hats look on me!"

T Dog
06-28-2003, 10:10 AM
I saw quite a few Cubbie fans yesterday...I was surprised how many were wearing the tee-shirts with the Cubbie logo with the Cubs replaced by Cork.

With Cubbie fans, there is a real possibility that they either can't read what the shirt is saying or didn't bother to read it, just as the illiterate Shoeless Joe Jackson could give you the right liquor in his liquor store because he knew what the labels looked like.

As for Friday's attendance at the Cell, you have to wonder how bad the Sox home is if so many Cubbie fans make the South Side games.

hose
06-28-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

hehehe I love it.

Grobber knows it's all in good fun.

PHG, Daver, Voodoo... anyway to get it in the cool tag section?

DrCrawdad
06-28-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

EXCELLENT IMAGES!

HATS OFF!!!