PDA

View Full Version : If the game

Meixner007
06-21-2003, 10:29 PM
is called on account of weather and the starting pitcher is still in, does he get credit for a complete game?

voodoochile
06-21-2003, 10:37 PM
No. They changed a bunch of those rules. For example, rain shortened no-hitters are not officially no-hitters. Neither are ones that are pitched by more than one pitcher or ones that the team throwing the no-hitter lost.

Viva Magglio
06-21-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
No. They changed a bunch of those rules. For example, rain shortened no-hitters are not officially no-hitters. Neither are ones that are pitched by more than one pitcher or ones that the team throwing the no-hitter lost.

Yeah, remember when Melido Perez lost his no-hitter against the Yankmees when the rules changed? Or when we won a big game against the Yankmees without getting one single hit off Andy Hawkins? :angry:

T Dog
06-22-2003, 09:59 AM
The last time I looked, Bartolo Colon got credit for a complete game on the Sunday night against Seattle when I left in a driving rain, feeling I didn't even get my money's worth innings-wise. Pitching the full eight in a loss on the road certainly will earn a pitcher credit for a complete game.

As for the less-than-nine-innings no-hitters, they had always been listed separately, almost as an honorable mention, in the record book.