PDA

View Full Version : The Glorious Sweep, Part II?

PaleHoseGeorge
06-21-2003, 07:11 PM
Ah, dreams... I have this warm, fuzzy feeling I haven't felt since June, 1999. Oh where is Mike Caruso today?

Sweet memories, can we have another tomorrow at the Urinal?

The Glorious Sweep of 1999 (http://whitesoxinteractive.com/OldComiskey/GloriousSweep.html)

Life imitates art-- and the Cubs STILL suck!

:gulp:

RKMeibalane
06-21-2003, 07:13 PM
Fearless Prediction #1:

White Sox 8 Cubs 3

Viva Magglio
06-21-2003, 07:14 PM
Let us not count our chickens before they hatch, ladies and gentlemen.

Risk
06-21-2003, 07:48 PM
I don't want to put a hex on the possibility of a sweep of the Flubs, but it would give that same great feeling of the Sox sweeping the Twins at the Humpty Dome. :) :gulp:

Risk

MRKARNO
06-21-2003, 07:52 PM
Zambrano is the best pitcher we face this series, but bartolo is argueably the best pitcher we throw at them this series as well

Jerry_Manuel
06-21-2003, 08:49 PM
I expect a big frontpage article if the sweep happens! :)

TommyJohn
06-21-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
I expect a big frontpage article if the sweep happens! :)

There will be. It'll say "CUBS SWEPT." Then the sub-headline:
"Wood, Prior can't wait to get back to action after 3rd straight
loss."

koch44
06-21-2003, 10:48 PM
I'm 1/3 of the way through my prediction that the Sox would win all 6 games from the Flubs. :smile:

cheeses_h_rice
06-21-2003, 10:49 PM
I'm heading out to the Urinal tomorrow, after being on the road during the first 2 glorious, delicious games of this series and only able to check in on the games via radio. When I tuned in on Friday and heard Ron and Pat say the score was 8-1 Sox, I was completely flabbergasted. I tuned into some of the AM1000 broadcast when Santo's petulance got too much. And this afternoon, I tuned in with the Sox already up 3-0...I could tell by the tone of Santo's voice how the game was going. And when I heard *who* was beating up the Cubs, I couldn't believe the names -- Crede, Olivo, Paul...will wonders never cease?

I had tix for Saturday's game, too, but I had to sell them, as I was driving out to Ohio to pick up my new pooch! She's a beautiful 10-week fawn-colored pug named Lemon, so she was totally worth missing the past 2 games.

Hopefully the Sox will give me a make-up gift tomorrow in a sweep. I will do my best to ride Sham-ME* and cheer on the Sox...

Thunderstruck30
06-22-2003, 12:08 AM
I only wanted the Sox to win 2 of 3 this weekend, but they now have a golden chance at a sweep. The offense has finally woken up(except for after the 4th inning today but at least they still won) and Colon is starting tomorrow. Colon can easily go the entire game or at least 8 innings and therefore Sox fans wont have to worry about the bullpen coming in and almost blowing a lead. And if the bullpen is needed, I say bring in Marte. Hes really the only Sox reliever(except Wunsch) that I trust. So now I say get the sweep and carry that momentum into the big series with Minnesota coming up.

:sweep the :scrubs

doublem23
06-22-2003, 01:18 AM
Man, I love that poem. Every time I read it, I can still see Caruso's homer just barely clearing the Bozo buckets.

Thunderstruck30
06-22-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Man, I love that poem. Every time I read it, I can still see Caruso's homer just barely clearing the Bozo buckets.

If the Sox do get the sweep, someone should write a new poem about this years sweep.

valposoxfan
06-22-2003, 11:11 AM
I'm nervous, excited, pumped up, worrisome, feeling so many emotions this morning. I'm not feeling any hope yet but this sweep would be incredibly exciting and the prospect of possibly being only 3.5 back after today is very very exciting. I haven't felt like this about this team in a long time. I want this sweep so damn bad. I can't wait guys....

34rancher
06-22-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by TommyJohn
There will be. It'll say "CUBS SWEPT." Then the sub-headline:
"Wood, Prior can't wait to get back to action after 3rd straight
loss."

Uhhhh, I think it would be their 4th straight loss. :)

kevingrt
06-22-2003, 12:05 PM
I'm going for a 4-2 win! Someone is gonna step up huge... someone like Jimenez, Rowand, Harris... someone unexpecting like Caruso was.

CellBlockInmate
06-22-2003, 12:38 PM
Did anyone else notice that Scammy switched from the blonde bat that he used in his first few at bats Saturday to another black bat when he came up in the ninth inning? HHHMMMmmmmm!!!
It seems to be a habit for Scammy when he is behind on the pitches.

gosox41
06-22-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by CellBlockInmate
Did anyone else notice that Scammy switched from the blonde bat that he used in his first few at bats Saturday to another black bat when he came up in the ninth inning? HHHMMMmmmmm!!!
It seems to be a habit for Scammy when he is behind on the pitches.

You're not accusing Sammy of cheating are you??

gosox41
06-22-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
I'm nervous, excited, pumped up, worrisome, feeling so many emotions this morning. I'm not feeling any hope yet but this sweep would be incredibly exciting and the prospect of possibly being only 3.5 back after today is very very exciting. I haven't felt like this about this team in a long time. I want this sweep so damn bad. I can't wait guys....

I keep hearing on the radio how pumped up Bartolo is for this game and how he wants to go 9. Call me a pessimist, but don't pitchers that are overly psyched up tend to overthrow and wind up throw straight fastballs?

That and the fact that he has a sore hand makes me nervous.

Bob

CellBlockInmate
06-22-2003, 01:22 PM
If this was the first time Scammy switched bats when he needed a timely hit it would be no big deal, but it has happened once or twice before. Thank Gob Scammy would never cheat. I'm sure it was a honest mistake that he picked a different colored bat at the end of the game.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-28-2003, 09:27 PM
Might as well resurrect this one from last week!

:gulp:

valposoxfan
06-28-2003, 09:33 PM
Let's just hope it doesn't jinx us this time. GO SOX!!!

PaleHoseGeorge
06-28-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
Let's just hope it doesn't jinx us this time. GO SOX!!!

Jinxes are for Flubbie fans and billy goats.

:gulp: :gulp:

WinningUgly!
06-28-2003, 11:46 PM
I ain't afraid of no jinx! :gulp:

WhiteSox = Life
06-28-2003, 11:57 PM
WU! you sure know how to make an image.

And that's t-shirt material.

:D: