PDA

View Full Version : Garland

KempersRS
08-21-2001, 10:26 PM
Nice performance tonight, 7IP, 0 ER. What a bum eh?

:jon
"I do NOT suck."

Spiff
08-21-2001, 10:31 PM
P-T-C! P-T-C!

I am not trying to influence anyone.

Did I mention I have lots of small unmarked bills?

KempersRS
08-21-2001, 10:34 PM
P-T-C! P-T-C!

:liefer
"What about me?"

Spiff
08-21-2001, 10:40 PM
"I'm supposed to show up every five days."

KempersRS
08-21-2001, 10:43 PM
"That shut me up."

Daver
08-21-2001, 11:18 PM
Can you win the PTC after going deep in the count on virtually every batter for the first 5 innings?

Spiff
08-21-2001, 11:20 PM
You can if you don't allow any of them to score, save a bad throw by a certain shortstop supposedly known for his defensive prowess.

Jerry_Manuel
08-21-2001, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by daver
Can you win the PTC after going deep in the count on virtually every batter for the first 5 innings?

Daver leave the kid alone. He got the hitters out simple as that. I understand against good teams if he does that he will get hit. But this was a bad team so he was able to get away with it.

Bmr31
08-22-2001, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by daver

what the **** does that have to do with anything??? What an idiot....

KempersRS
08-22-2001, 12:53 AM
what the **** does that have to do with anything??? What an idiot....

I dunno if you were serious or not, but if you are, why are you such an ass?

Bmr31
08-22-2001, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by KempersRS

I dunno if you were serious or not, but if you are, why are you such an ass?

dead serious. His comment was totally ignorant.

KempersRS
08-22-2001, 01:21 AM
dead serious. His comment was totally ignorant.

I an quite sure daver doesn't need me to speak for him, but why can't you just keep it to yourself? It was such a harmless comment to begin with. I see that you seem to enjoy people not liking you.

chisoxfanatic
08-22-2001, 01:26 AM
The one different thing about this game from the others that Garland has started recently is the run support that he got. From the third inning through the eighth, our Sox scored a run in each inning. If the Sox can continue to play the "little ball" we will be in good shape.

Heather the Redbird

doublem23
08-22-2001, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic
If the Sox can continue to play the "little ball" we will be in good shape.

:caballo :walnuts :ray :liefer
Little ball? What the hell is little ball? Don't you know we like to swing for the fences!

:shammy
Me too!

charlie browned
08-22-2001, 07:23 AM
For the first time in his two seasons with the White Sox, Garland looks like the guy who reached Double A at 19 and dominated Triple A at 20. --Phil Rogers, Tribune

First baseman Jeff Liefer led the Sox with three hits, including a solo home run and double, --ibid.

Who else who you like me to call a triple A player?

charlie browned
08-22-2001, 08:58 AM

Of course, you could argue that we were playing a triple A team

Bmr31
08-22-2001, 10:35 AM

I an quite sure daver doesn't need me to speak for him, but why can't you just keep it to yourself? It was such a harmless comment to begin with. I see that you seem to enjoy people not liking you.

LOL!! dude i could care less who "likes" me. I have enough friends.

KempersRS
08-22-2001, 10:37 AM
LOL!! dude i could care less who "likes" me. I have enough friends.

Ok, you coulda just said that the first time when I asked you "why are such an ass?"

Bmr31
08-22-2001, 10:39 AM

Ok, you coulda just said that the first time when I asked you "why are such an ass?"

I speak the truth. If you dont like it, too bad.

KempersRS
08-22-2001, 10:45 AM
For the first time in his two seasons with the White Sox, Garland looks like the guy who reached Double A at 19 and dominated Triple A at 20. --Phil Rogers, Tribune

Oh yeah, if the Trib says it, it must be right! I doubt when that quote was made, he meant that ONE start last night, his ERA is in the low 3's, the comment was talking about the majority of the season.

Of course, you could argue that we were playing a triple A team

Yes, just like the triple A team, the Texas Rangers he held to 2 ERs in his last start and the 0ER he allowed against those pathetic, triple A like Mariners the start before that. Weren't you leaving?

doublem23
08-22-2001, 12:26 PM
OK, OK, OK - You didn't call Jon Garland a AAA pitcher, and even though I think he is above the AAA level, that's a valid statement and a defendable opinion.

Calling Jon Garland the "right handed Alan Embree" is much different. If your talking Rocky Biddle, well, there you go, but to compare Jon Garland to Alan Embree is really stupid.