PDA

View Full Version : Did you notice

Risk
06-21-2003, 04:49 PM
how the Sox didn't even manage to get a hit after the 4th inning. I know a win is great and a win over the Flubs is all the more sweet, but at the same time, not getting even a single for 5 2/3 innings isn't anything to get too positive about. I mean, there were at least 4 guys who were called on out strikes. Everyone strikes out sometimes, but at least go down fighting rather than taking.

Win is a win though.

Risk

gosox41
06-21-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Risk
how the Sox didn't even manage to get a hit after the 4th inning. I know a win is great and a win over the Flubs is all the more sweet, but at the same time, not getting even a single for 5 2/3 innings isn't anything to get too positive about. I mean, there were at least 4 guys who were called on out strikes. Everyone strikes out sometimes, but at least go down fighting rather than taking.

Win is a win though.

Risk

That's the main problem with this team...a let down in focus. It's part of the reason why this team can't win 2-3 games in a row. Take the last game against Boston or that 1-0 loss against San Diego. The Sox played solid ball before then and everyone was talking about the turnaround. Then they go out and leave a ton of men on base, fail to execute bunts, run the bases stupidly and just stop hitting in the clutch.

The Sox and Manuel need to change their mental approach and show some intensity.

Bob

PaleHoseGeorge
06-21-2003, 04:59 PM
The Sox offense has been sickening to watch all season. The problem is Manuel refuses to play his best ballplayers on a regular basis. Even those he plays most days get moved around in the field and in the line up. How many different line ups is Jerry up to now?

If Clement hadn't been allowed to pitch batting practice into the fourth, the Sox lose this game. Given how poorly our offense has performed, those 5.2 innings of hitless/scoreless baseball were practically preordained by Manuel's line up.

:hurt
"My team-leading offensive numbers are a REAL THREAT from the bench, aren't they?"

MHOUSE
06-22-2003, 02:28 PM
If they manage to score early, then the Sox let down and just coast through the rest of the way. This lack of focus has got to be on the coaches. I mean it's natural to not be as sharp in a 10-run game than a 1-run game, but I think when they go an inning or two without a hit and then the Flubs get 3 runs, the JM has to kick some ass and get them going again.