PDA

View Full Version : Finally baserunning wins a game for us...

Tragg
06-21-2003, 03:49 PM
not our baserunning, but the baserunning ineptitude of the flubs (from what i could tell on gametracker). Beautiful!

voodoochile
06-21-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
not our baserunning, but the baserunning ineptitude of the flubs (from what i could tell on gametracker). Beautiful!

Yeah, they made some bad decisions. Sending Miller in the 8th nearly made my room mate leave the room.

T Dog
06-21-2003, 03:55 PM
Maybe watching bad baserunning snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory for another team will teach the Sox something.

DonkeyKongerko
06-21-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by T Dog
Maybe watching bad baserunning snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory for another team will teach the Sox something.

They'll prolly bring Waving Wendell to the Southside when he gets fired tomorrow.

Konerkoholic
06-21-2003, 04:01 PM
Cubby heads may roll after this one. Kim should be fired for today's debacle alone. And notice how Baker pulled Gonzalez after he grounded into his second DP of the game. Take a note, Jerry.

Vsahajpal
06-21-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Yeah, they made some bad decisions. Sending Miller in the 8th nearly made my room mate leave the room.

He's done it so often this year, and not with Patterson or Goodwin. He's had Miller thrown out, he's had the pitchers thrown out at home, Gonzalez (who has nursed bad hamstrings for the past year now). Inexcusable. But he's Dusty's guy, so he'll get a free ride. This guy is plain stupid. I don't think he even knew the situation (5 runs down, no outs, top of the order due up). They freakin gift-wrapped that one. The Swoon is set, .500 is sooooooo close.

T Dog
06-21-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by DonkeyKongerko
They'll prolly bring Waving Wendell to the Southside when he gets fired tomorrow.

I've heard that there have been problems with the Cubs third-base coach all season, that previous losses could be attributed to plays at the plate where Cubs weren't even close to being safe. Because the current coach is one of the Dusty buddies that came over from SF, the Cubbies will "prolly" have to live with it.

duke of dorwood
06-21-2003, 04:22 PM
I hope the great Dusty Baker, who's has accepted praise fror Flub success, gets it good for bad things he did today

MRKARNO
06-21-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by DonkeyKongerko

We already have enough former Cubs coaches at the third base coach position right now