PDA

View Full Version : I Hate ESPN!

ChiSox14305635
06-20-2003, 10:42 PM
Sox have a big win over the Cubs, and those buttwads at ESPN still manage to show their complete bias by showing those crappy a** Yankees. And Kurjkian on Baseball Tonight basically said Frank's still not hitting. God, I hate ESPN.

ilsox7
06-20-2003, 10:54 PM
Ummm, Yankees are in first place. Sox are in 3rd place and below .500

Sox also played a day game and got a lot of air time on the earlier editions.

I'd say the highlites showed were quite fair...they even showed Scammin mess up the fly ball followed by the "Cork your Glove" sign. Works for me.

TRL
06-20-2003, 11:01 PM
Kurjkian said that he is not quite there yet, but has showed improvement. He also mentioned that Frank was nearing in on 400 home runs and that he believed that he would get to 500. He also gave him a push for the HOF.

fquaye149
06-21-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by ChiSox14305635
God, I hate ESPN.

me too, but not necessarily for your reasons...

yankees mets is a pretty big game, as big as ours but in a bigger market...

and thomas IS hitting .270...sooooooo

PaleHoseGeorge
06-21-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by ilsox7
I'd say the highlites showed were quite fair...they even showed Scammin mess up the fly ball followed by the "Cork your Glove" sign. Works for me.

Cork your glove? LOL! I wish I had thought of that.

:gulp:

RKMeibalane
06-21-2003, 09:37 AM
Sosa deserves every bit of the humiliation he's had to endure these past few weeks. After masquerading many years as "one of the good guys" in baseball, Sosa has finally been exposed as a fraud, and I couldn't be happier.

As far as Tim Kurkjan is concerned, I wouldn't put too much stock into anything he says. If he honestly believes that Frank is the reason why this club hasn't played well, then he needs to pay closer attention. Frank has been one of the few things that has gone right for the Sox.

Brian26
06-21-2003, 09:59 AM
Kurkjan's voice is a bit too feminine for me to take him seriously. It's like listening to the guy who voiced the old Bigou Theater spots on the Steve & Garry show.

And for heaven's sake, can someone get Mike MacFarlane a haircut? That 1985 greasy mullet/perm thing belongs on Hockey Tonight, not Baseball Tonight.

Spiff
06-21-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Brian26
Kurkjan's voice is a bit too feminine for me to take him seriously. It's like listening to the guy who voiced the old Bigou Theater spots on the Steve & Garry show.

And for heaven's sake, can someone get Mike MacFarlane a haircut? That 1985 greasy mullet/perm thing belongs on Hockey Tonight, not Baseball Tonight.

I think you mean Jeff Brantley.

Kurkjian didn't criticize Frank Thomas at all, he just said this team has to start hitting if they want to close in on the Royals and Twins (which they do, and have begun to a little).

kevingrt
06-21-2003, 10:30 AM
Yeah we got our fair share of time on the 5:00 PM edition. I'll take it... The Sammy sign was great also!

34 Inch Stick
06-21-2003, 11:08 AM
Not much was happening...