spanishwhite
06-20-2003, 11:05 PM
The Sox have played like complete garbage this
season and are only 5.5 out.

If we were in the same division with Mariners, A's, or even
the Angels.

Its over.

If we were in the same division with Yanks or Bosox. They would
go out and get some more help to finish us off.

It would be over.

But its Minnesota. They are not going to get help. Their offense is very good but very capable of being shut down. Their rotation is very overrated and by the end of the season their bullpen will probably be tired from bailing the rotation out.

The division can be won with 85 games.

This team has me so disillusioned, but the facts are there. If we could pull some sort of streak, we are in first.

gosox41
06-21-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by spanishwhite
The Sox have played like complete garbage this
season and are only 5.5 out.

If we were in the same division with Mariners, A's, or even
the Angels.

Its over.

If we were in the same division with Yanks or Bosox. They would
go out and get some more help to finish us off.

It would be over.

But its Minnesota. They are not going to get help. Their offense is very good but very capable of being shut down. Their rotation is very overrated and by the end of the season their bullpen will probably be tired from bailing the rotation out.

The division can be won with 85 games.

This team has me so disillusioned, but the facts are there. If we could pull some sort of streak, we are in first.

I agree. I've been waiting all year for a winning streak, but every time this team takes 2 steps forward, it takes 3 steps back.

If I had been told in April that on June 21 the Sox would have a 4.21 team ERA, I would have said the Sox would be in first place by 5 games. Instead we're 5.5 out and until I see more proof from the offense, it looks like they made their bi-monthly appearance yesterday afternoon. It's time for them to string together a bunch of games of scorign 5+ runs.

Bob