PDA

View Full Version : Twinks Lose!

Viva Magglio
06-20-2003, 11:01 PM
:twinslose

Guess who crossed the plate on a wild pitch to make it a Brewer winner...

:hitless
Moi?

5˝ out.

Bisco Stu
06-20-2003, 11:02 PM
About time Clayton did something to help the Sox...

duke of dorwood
06-20-2003, 11:06 PM
Twinks not playing real well-boy I think of those 2 that we gave away just this week-

gdcobb
06-20-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
About time Clayton did something to help the Sox...

I wonder how he is doing compared to Valentine. I thought I heard he was doing pretty good. But then, who cares - no sense living in the ugly past.

Bucktown
06-20-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by gdcobb
I wonder how he is doing compared to Valentine. I thought I heard he was doing pretty good. But then, who cares - no sense living in the ugly past.
He started out very hot, now he has settled into a very Clayton-esque .215 BA.

RKMeibalane
06-21-2003, 10:18 AM
Jerry Manuel will probably send Royce a gift certificate to Baskin Robbins.

gosox41
06-21-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
:twinslose

Guess who crossed the plate on a wild pitch to make it a Brewer winner...

:hitless
Moi?

5˝ out.

Now all the Sox need to do is get on a roll. I'm sick of being in this range of 5-7 games under .500 and 6.5-8.5 games out of first.

Let's win today and get to within 4 games of .500 and hope the Twins/Royals lose.

Bob

34 Inch Stick
06-21-2003, 12:45 PM
You can't expect the Twins to lose too many to the Brewers. I would be happy with coming out of the weekend down 5.5.

T Dog
06-21-2003, 12:49 PM
It isn't just that the Twinks have lost a couple of games, it's how they've lost that intrigues me. Coming back late from an 8-0 deficit to tie a game against KC in the 9th seems epic, but after tying the score, the Twinks had a runner on second and none out and runners on first and third with one out, but failed to take the lead. KC came back to win two batters into the bottom of the 9th, assisted by a wild pitch. Friday night in the 10th, the Twinks had a runner on third with one out, then runners on first and third with one out with the top of the lineup hitting and failed to take the lead. Clayton had two strikes on him when he doubled and eventually scored on a wild pitch.

Maybe the White Sox aren't the only team that plays this sort of baseball.