PDA

View Full Version : Today's victory was nice...

Viva Magglio
06-20-2003, 08:25 PM
...but we cannot have a letdown Saturday and Sunday. You know that Dusty will fire them up for tomorrow's game on Fox. We have to stay focused and not rest on our laurels.

gosox41
06-20-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
...but we cannot have a letdown Saturday and Sunday. You know that Dusty will fire them up for tomorrow's game on Fox. We have to stay focused and not rest on our laurels.

The Sox have scored about 4 games worth of runs in one game. It's about time we saw some offense from this team. Hopefully the hitting will continue and these guys will start to shake their slumps. Of course I know what happens when I start to get my hopes up about this team..the same thing that happens after they play well for 2-3 games in a row, a major let down.

Bob

duke of dorwood
06-20-2003, 09:42 PM
It will be tinker heaven tomorrow as he tries to get Daubach and Harris and Jiminez in.

:jerry

I'd play Jose at 3rd, Jiminez at Short, Harris at second, Maggs in center, Daubach in right.

mandmandm
06-20-2003, 10:00 PM
Monday and Wednesday's victories were nice as well. They followed with a nice kick in the nuts. Jerry's championing for home and away Chi town series mean the Twins play the Brew crew three more times. If competing "against yourself" is J and E's idea of producing a good product is not a tie the best they can hope for???????????????????????????????

DrCrawdad
06-20-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

That's a White Sox winner, ok now what?

Good to see the bats break out of hibernation and the Sox whoop the Cubs.
Ok it was fun to beat the Cubs, but win the series. Then take 3 or 4 out of
the next 5 games from the Twins and then maybe I'll be exited.

If you're like me though, you won't be surprised at all if the Sox were to
lose the next two in an embarrassing manner - errors, bad base-running & a
combustible bullpen.

If the Sox win two of three from the Cubs and then go on to lose 3 or 4 to
the Twins, I won't be pleased at all.

Thunderstruck30
06-21-2003, 01:47 AM
I just wanna know where has that offense been all season?

StillMissOzzie
06-21-2003, 02:32 AM
Yes, I'm happy as a pig in (manure) that the Sox beat the Scrubs today. But from what I saw of this game, the Sox won because the Cubs played like... the Sox. They gave up a boatload of walks and looked pathetic on defense. I'm just glad that the Sox were able to take advantage of these gifts for a change. It also looks like the Sox will miss Prior & Wood on the Wrigley series, although the Sox have pummeled Wood and/or taken advatage of his wildness as well. Like the other guy said, even if the Sox sweep, and I think they can, it won't mean much if they can't carry it into the Twinkie series.

:gulp:

fquaye149
06-21-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie
But from what I saw of this game, the Sox won because the Cubs played like... the Sox. They gave up a boatload of walks and looked pathetic on defense.
:gulp:

i'm with you bout the defense but our pitching has been the highlight of this team. we have no sean esteses or even matt clements(i'll catch flak for this probably... but i think he's about as overrated as a pitcher can get)

even buehrle hasn't gave up a boatload of walks...just a boatload of base knocks