PDA

View Full Version : The One Thing Manuel Does Well

34 Inch Stick
06-20-2003, 04:37 PM
is get the Sox up to play the Cubs. He has always prioritized these games. In the past he has done things like change the pitching matchups and talk up the series in the days preceding the first games. I think it gets to the players that he wants to win. Jerry treats the Cubs like Ditka treated the Packers. So now I have finally found something good to say about Jerry this year.

Back to our regularly scheduled program...Why can't he do the same for the twins?

gosox41
06-20-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
is get the Sox up to play the Cubs. He has always prioritized these games. In the past he has done things like change the pitching matchups and talk up the series in the days preceding the first games. I think it gets to the players that he wants to win. Jerry treats the Cubs like Ditka treated the Packers. So now I have finally found something good to say about Jerry this year.

Back to our regularly scheduled program...Why can't he do the same for the twins?

I'd rather lose 6 games to the Cubs and make the playoffs then watch this team and manager get hyped up for 6 games a year, fo which they usually play pretty evenly.

Bob

Kilroy
06-21-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick

A better question would be "why does he have to??"

I don't think Jerry does too much differently coming in vs the Cubs. Its the players. They know what it means to Sox fans to beat the Cubs. These two series are special in the eyes of the players. The ones against the Twins aren't. But maybe next week they will be. Maybe we'll see some sustained intensity considering the state of things....

But I'm not gonna hold my breath...