PDA

View Full Version : Phil Rogers ESPN Article on Sox-Cubs

valposoxfan
06-20-2003, 12:17 PM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/columns/rogers_phil/1570790.html

Pretty good article by Phil that makes points similar to Morrissey's article in the Tribune today. It has that sort of White Sox positive twist that always makes me happy. Sort of casts a dark light on JR and EE and tells of how the Tribune Co. has at least done things to win fans over. (Keep Wrigley, milk the hell out of Sosa, etc.) Ends by saying that this could be the weekend where the Sox break out. Good God, the Cubs have outdrawn us the last nine seasons. Disgusting. He also says the 12 largest crowds at Comiskey all time are all Cubs games. What about Game 1 and 2 in both 93 and 00? The 93 clincher?? Potential clincher in Game 2 of Texas doubleheader in 93??

Hangar18
06-20-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
http://espn.go.com/mlb/columns/rogers_phil/1570790.html

Pretty good article by Phil that makes points similar to Morrissey's article in the Tribune today. It has that sort of White Sox positive twist that always makes me happy. Sort of casts a dark light on JR and EE and tells of how the Tribune Co. has at least done things to win fans over. (Keep Wrigley, milk the hell out of Sosa, etc.) Ends by saying that this could be the weekend where the Sox break out. Good God, the Cubs have outdrawn us the last nine seasons. Disgusting. He also says the 12 largest crowds at Comiskey all time are all Cubs games. What about Game 1 and 2 in both 93 and 00? The 93 clincher?? Potential clincher in Game 2 of Texas doubleheader in 93??

I totally Love Eddie Einhorns quote coming up here again:
"I dont believe that the Cubs are our Competition, We compete
against Ourselves" - Eddie Einhorn, From the Forthcoming Book, HOW TO RUN YOUR BUSINESS INTO THE GROUND

voodoochile
06-20-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I totally Love Eddie Einhorns quote coming up here again:
"I dont believe that the Cubs are our Competition, We compete
against Ourselves" - Eddie Einhorn, From the Forthcoming Book, HOW TO RUN YOUR BUSINESS INTO THE GROUND

Now see that is the problem. Most people assume that statement is hyperbole, but the Sox take it literally. Now if we can just get Reinsy to stop kicking the team in the nads whenever he gets a chance things might improve.

:reinsy
"I run this team into the ground because I'm trying to compete with myself. I'm tearing down Comiskey (nice Jab). I'm the hawk in labor wars that cost the franchise the best chance at a WS title in over 40 years (uppercut). The White Flag Trade was good for the team (hook to the body). I'm hiring Kenny Williams (Ooooo... viscious cross to the jaw). I'm trying to run Frank Thomas out of town by any means necessary (I'm not sure that last punch was legal). Of course all of this is the fans fault (knee to the groin - and the franchise is down).