PDA

View Full Version : Who will represent the Sox at the All-Star Game?

hsnterprize
06-20-2003, 07:11 AM
Personally, I think the only player who will wear the Sox pinstripes on July 15th is E-Lo (My nickname for Esteban Loaiza). Hopefully, either Frank or Maggs will join him. We already know that Jerry Manuel will coach the American League team, and Herm Schnieder will the trainer for the team. However, it would be nice if there were more than one south sider on the A.L. team.

Hullett_Fan
06-20-2003, 08:36 AM
E-Lo will be there because he's doing an awesome job...and Frank will be there because he is the top White Sox over the past 12 years and they'd have to let him play on his home turf.

Only those two, plus our all-star caliber manager will be there. Everyone else *ucks.

whitesoxwilkes
06-20-2003, 09:35 AM
E Lo sez:

"Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got, I'm still E Lo from the Sox."

(groan)

Viva Magglio
06-20-2003, 09:38 AM
E-Lo should be there, of course, and he will. But I also want Maggs to be there. And he will probably be there...as a spectator, alas.

Procol Harum
06-20-2003, 09:43 AM
Loaiza will be there by dint of his great first half. I believe that they'll appoint Frank to the general roster as a nod to the Sox' role as host. Frank can thank his recent upsurge for this, however, because without it I don't think he would have the shot, or they might have given it to Maggs who is having a mildly disappointing year by his previous standards and career trajectory.

Fisk72
06-20-2003, 09:50 AM
Loaiza will definitely be there for us and if he keeps going the way he's been lately, I can definitely see him starting. Anybody have stats on when the last Sox pitcher started an All Star game? As for anyone else, I picked Big Frank because it looks like he's getting back to his old form. Plus, since we're hosting the game, I could see them giving us one more spot.

voodoochile
06-20-2003, 11:32 AM
I didn't consider the home field concept. But will still be surprised if more than Esteban makes it. How do Frank's numbers stack up against other 1B this year?

sox_fan_forever
06-20-2003, 02:10 PM
Loaiza will definitely make it. I think there is a good chance that Frank will too since he's been doing well and since the game is at his park.

jeremyb1
06-20-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by sox_fan_forever
Loaiza will definitely make it. I think there is a good chance that Frank will too since he's been doing well and since the game is at his park.

i think we get at least two because manuel is a coach and its in our home ball park. i'd say possibilities other than loaiza are maggs if he heats up some or gets the benefit of the doubt due to his reputation and getting snubbed last season, colon if he gets his era back below 4, marte (although middle relievers rarely make it), and frank.

fquaye149
06-20-2003, 07:28 PM
i think frank could possibly make it...specially since he has a lot of respect among those in the game

maggs could as a make up for him getting absolutely SCREWED last year by torre.

esteban will for sure...unless disaster strikes...

no one else will though i don't think....middle relief is not a real possibility...

miguel should make it if i were manager, but he won't

so....

that's why i voted more than one

ChiWhiteSox1337
06-20-2003, 07:50 PM
Thomas and Loaiza will probably make it in my opinion, Loaiza should start since he has the best ERA in the AL and his team is hosting the all star game, but MLB will probably put in clemens or something :\ Frank is deserving and I think the white sox should get more than just one reperesentative since we're hosting the game and Frank has been great at 1b. I'd like to see Maggs in it as a fan but realistically I don't think he will make it with the numbers he has put up

Hangar18
06-21-2003, 09:14 AM
E-lo will start and Big Hurt will be there also. But will suck
because Darrens Dad will bring more Cubs to the game, which
will included both Wood and Prior, (i know, wood doesnt really deserve it, but he will come anyway) Patterson and you know
that Borowski guy will tag along. The Media will sensationalize
that fact that there are so many cubs at the game and that
its been YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS since a cub Managed
the NL team (they will neglect to mention that it was because
of MLB's bad decisionmaking that allowed this "back-door"
entrance for a cub-typical regarding their organization)
very little will be made of the sox during this game. rightly so
maybe? maybe not?