PDA

View Full Version : If you think today's loss was bad...

Viva Magglio
06-19-2003, 09:02 PM
...imagine what this message board will be like 24 hours from now if, God forbid, we get beaten by the Cubs. As irritating as this loss to the Red Sox was, losing to the Cubs is ten times worse.

I really feel down knowing that Jerry Manuel is all but safe until at least after the All Star Game. A series loss to the Cubs should once and for all get him fired, but it will not.

TornLabrum
06-19-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
...imagine what this message board will be like 24 hours from now if, God forbid, we get beaten by the Cubs. As irritating as this loss to the Red Sox was, losing to the Cubs is ten times worse.

I really feel down knowing that Jerry Manuel is all but safe until at least after the All Star Game. A series loss to the Cubs should once and for all get him fired, but it will not.

I can only be greatful that God put the Cubs series on the same weekend as the Elkhart Jazz Festival. I'll only know what they show on Baseball Tonight, and that's a good thing at my age and with my heart.

34 Inch Stick
06-20-2003, 06:46 AM
I don't think Manuel is going to get fired at any point this year. I wouldn't be shocked if he made it to the end of his contract. It is not about ability with the Sox, it is about dollars.