PDA

View Full Version : Important Announcement!

TornLabrum
06-19-2003, 06:05 PM
Today during his postgame press conference, Jerry Manuel, folowing the 72nd game of his 6th season as manager of the White Sox made an important announcement. As of NOW, all White Sox players will be held responsible for executing fundamentals.

This is no joke. He actually said this.

This organizaation stinks from the top down.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-19-2003, 06:07 PM
This is great news, Torn. I'm going to 35th & Shields to buy my playoff tickets right now! :smile:

MisterB
06-19-2003, 06:08 PM
:jerry
"I've had it! Nobody gets ice cream today!"

harwar
06-19-2003, 06:15 PM
I wonder just what exactly "held responsible" means?If it means benching a player because of STUPID at bats & bad fundamentals thats a problem because the WHOLE FREAKIN TEAM will have to sit.Ah,White Sox baseball,the ultimate in agrivation.

TheRockinMT
06-19-2003, 06:17 PM
My first post here at WSI. I am so excited. I watched the poor play on WGN today. What a pathetic display of inept fundamentals. I am sorry it took Manuel 60 games into the season to finally say something. Do you think he just realized what has been happening? :?:

Daver
06-19-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by TheRockinMT
My first post here at WSI. I am so excited. I watched the poor play on WGN today. What a pathetic display of inept fundamentals. I am sorry it took Manuel 60 games into the season to finally say something. Do you think he just realized what has been happening? :?:

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

Foulke You
06-19-2003, 06:23 PM
We've heard these empty threats by Manuel before. Whenver he talks tough, the fans and players know it is an empty threat. He won't be doing anything different than he did before.

I am quite glad Reinsdorf enforced the "boot camp" mentality that he promised at the end of '02 as far as fundamentals go

"Starting today, I will limit the amount of starting lineups I use to 5 different ones per week and I promise to use the same lineup back to back at least once a month. This is how I plan on making myself accountable for manager fundamentals."

Jerry_Manuel
06-19-2003, 06:24 PM
Yay!

Thank god he didn't he nipped this thing in the butt now. :(:

voodoochile
06-19-2003, 06:28 PM
Well okay, problem solved then...

Jerry is an idiot...

duke of dorwood
06-19-2003, 08:21 PM
Then performance means the poor performing manager must get benched too.

Pinch hitting Konerko for anyone is cause for a strait-jacket

DonkeyKongerko
06-19-2003, 08:52 PM
There aint no fun like fundamental.

FJA
06-19-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by DonkeyKongerko
There aint no fun like fundamental.

Don't give Sox marketing any ideas.

Viva Magglio
06-19-2003, 09:25 PM
Oh my God. If I were the manager, there would have been buffet tables flying in the clubhouse today.

Viva Magglio
06-19-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Then performance means the poor performing manager must get benched too.

Pinch hitting Konerko for anyone is cause for a strait-jacket

Yeah, what the hell is this crap? Who does Manuel think Konerko is to allow him in the game, Royce?

TornLabrum
06-19-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by harwar
I wonder just what exactly "held responsible" means?If it means benching a player because of STUPID at bats & bad fundamentals thats a problem because the WHOLE FREAKIN TEAM will have to sit.Ah,White Sox baseball,the ultimate in agrivation.

He did say those who can't produce will be benched. That means he plans on putting three position players and a pitcher out there every day.

voodoochile
06-19-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
He did say those who can't produce will be benched. That means he plans on putting three position players and a pitcher out there every day.

"And if that doesn't work, I'll hold my breath until I'm blue in the face. I'll stomp around the dugout muttering explative laden oaths, dagnabit. Why I'll drop one of those devastating tirades I use on umpires who disturb my sleep. I'll... I'll... I'll..."

(Jerry's head explodes and there is much rejoicing in Sox fandom)