PDA

View Full Version : start graffanino and daubach

jeremyb1
06-19-2003, 05:01 PM
as i've made clear in many threads i feel the problems with our offense are all related to players mental approach at the plate. players inability to work the count, draw walks, take the ball the other way, and try to hit singles instead of home runs is killing this team. therefore, if i'm manuel, i make sure daubach and graffanino who have two of the highest on base percentages on the team are in the lineup every day in order to increase the team's ability to work counts and wear down pitchers and perhaps more importantly to demonstrate to the rest of the team the approach they need to adopt at the plate if they want playing time.

Foulke You
06-19-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
as i've made clear in many threads i feel the problems with our offense are all related to players mental approach at the plate. players inability to work the count, draw walks, take the ball the other way, and try to hit singles instead of home runs is killing this team. therefore, if i'm manuel, i make sure daubach and graffanino who have two of the highest on base percentages on the team are in the lineup every day in order to increase the team's ability to work counts and wear down pitchers and perhaps more importantly to demonstrate to the rest of the team the approach they need to adopt at the plate if they want playing time.

My thoughts exactly jeremy. This team is up there swinging for the Dan Ryan all the time. I don't know where this sudden change in philosophy came from. We always got our share of HRs but we were never this bad with RISP.

Graffy always works the count and gets on with a walk and has a short quick swing that is geared for base hits. Even though D'angelo got a hit today, he was trying to golf one out during a few ABs today when all we needed was a base hit and don't get me started on his baserunning. Daubach has been swinging the bat well and I think it is time for him to be our full time DH. I hope Graffy is in the lineup tomorrow against lefty Estes.

ScottyTheSoxFan
06-20-2003, 10:18 AM
daubach looks like a mean bull dog.
http://whitesox.mlb.com/cws/photo/ph_play_mugshot_136766.jpg - http://www.ogden.k12.ia.us/images/bulldog.gif