PDA

View Full Version : I'm sick of Jiminez


gosox41
06-19-2003, 05:32 PM
After watching DJ today, I think the Sox should ship him odwn to the minors. He is truly one of the dumbest players on this. Another base running blunder, failure to bunt the ball on the ground. I can't stand watching this anymore. And it's not just this game. I've seen D'Angelo run this team out of too many innings this season. Anyone remember the 9th inning of that Arizona game when the Sox were making a comeback.
How can this guy be so f***** stupid? He has no baseball smarts whatsoever.

I really miss Ray. Until then, send DJ down and bring up Miles. Not because I think Miles is better, just smarter.

Bob

FJA
06-19-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
really miss Ray. Until then, send DJ down and bring up Miles. Not because I think Miles is better, just smarter.

Bob

But it's DJ's week to bring the rice krispie treats and kool-aid. :whiner:

hold2dibber
06-19-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
After watching DJ today, I think the Sox should ship him odwn to the minors. He is truly one of the dumbest players on this. Another base running blunder, failure to bunt the ball on the ground. I can't stand watching this anymore. And it's not just this game. I've seen D'Angelo run this team out of too many innings this season. Anyone remember the 9th inning of that Arizona game when the Sox were making a comeback.
How can this guy be so f***** stupid? He has no baseball smarts whatsoever.

I really miss Ray. Until then, send DJ down and bring up Miles. Not because I think Miles is better, just smarter.

Bob

I completely agree; the guy is an absolute BLOCK HEAD, who makes critical mistakes at critical times on a regular basis. He clearly has skill, but he appears to me to lack focus, concentration and desire.

gosox41
06-19-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by FJA
But it's DJ's week to bring the rice krispie treats and kool-aid. :whiner:

:jerry
I like a good snack before nap time...I mean game time.

maurice
06-19-2003, 05:46 PM
If you demote Jimenez, you'd have to demote a lot of other guys also. Jimenez has the third highest OPS of any Sox starter. The guys the Sox have in AAA are not adequate replacements at this time, and until a couple of days ago the Sox had no good position players at AA either.

I think KW has focused on developing better all-around ballplayers in the Sox system, but none of them are major league ready at this time. A couple of trades would be nice.

34 Inch Stick
06-19-2003, 05:50 PM
The Cardinals have now lost two second basemen (Cairo broke his hand). Maybe they would be interested.

I have a hard time bitching about Jimenez. We knew his flaws when trading for him.

gosox41
06-19-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
The Cardinals have now lost two second basemen (Cairo broke his hand). Maybe they would be interested.

I have a hard time bitching about Jimenez. We knew his flaws when trading for him.

I honestly never knew he was such a lousy base runner. Put an anchor out there once in awhile, DJ.

He seems to have no baseball smarts at all.

Bob

FarmerAndy
06-19-2003, 05:54 PM
I'm not ready to ship him off yet, he still deserves a little slack. For the first couple of months, he was the most consistent hitter on the team. Considering the fact that most of the team has slumped at the plate for 2+ months, I'll let D'Ang of the hook for a few bad weeks. As far as 2B, he's not the best. I liked Ray too, but he made alot bonehead plays too. At times, Ray looked like he wasn't paying attention out there.

Don't get me wrong though, I won't stay in D'Ang's corner if he continues to slump. But with established players like Valentin and Konerko stinking the place up, it's hard for me to get on Jimenez's case too much right now.

gosox41
06-19-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
I'm not ready to ship him off yet, he still deserves a little slack. For the first couple of months, he was the most consistent hitter on the team. Considering the fact that most of the team has slumped at the plate for 2+ months, I'll let D'Ang of the hook for a few bad weeks. As far as 2B, he's not the best. I liked Ray too, but he made alot bonehead plays too. At times, Ray looked like he wasn't paying attention out there.

Don't get me wrong though, I won't stay in D'Ang's corner if he continues to slump. But with established players like Valentin and Konerko stinking the place up, it's hard for me to get on Jimenez's case too much right now.


It's more the mental mistakes then get to me. I can live with the slumping. I can't live with the lack of fundamentals.

The way things are with this team, I'd much rather see Miles come up and hit .260 and make as many mental mistakes then watch DJ continuously run us out of games.

Bob

jeremyb1
06-19-2003, 06:03 PM
look at our team batting average, on base percentage, and runs scored before you contemplate trading jimenez. this team isn't struggling because we make mistakes in close games, its struggling because it is in too many close games because it doesn't hit. if the offense has been terrible so far wait until you trade one of the only productive hitters on the team.

ma-gaga
06-19-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
look at our team batting average, on base percentage, and runs scored before you contemplate trading jimenez. this team isn't struggling because we make mistakes in close games, its struggling because it is in too many close games because it doesn't hit. if the offense has been terrible so far wait until you trade one of the only productive hitters on the team.

hey jeremyb1, do you get to watch many of the games, or are you stuck with recaps and boxscores?

I'm stuck with box scores and recaps, and D'Angelo looks like a fantastic hitter. I think there's more to being a productive winning player, than hitting.

MarkEdward
06-19-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
hey jeremyb1, do you get to watch many of the games, or are you stuck with recaps and boxscores?

I'm stuck with box scores and recaps, and D'Angelo looks like a fantastic hitter. I think there's more to being a productive winning player, than hitting.

Jeremy's point is that with a first baseman who can't hit, a third baseman who can't hit, and two center fielders who can't hit, we shouldn't be complaining about a player who has a .343 OBP.

I do agree that Jimenez may be a little fundamentally unsound, but the idea of demoting him or trading him is absurd. There are many problems with this 2003 team; Jimenez is one of the bright spots.

duke of dorwood
06-19-2003, 09:25 PM
He makes his share of errors, baserunning is marginal, and he cant move runners. He would not be starting on a winning team.

Viva Magglio
06-19-2003, 10:30 PM
D'Angelo Jimenez is dead from the neck up. Not that Tony Graffanino is much better, but why the hell don't they bench Jimenez?

doublem23
06-19-2003, 10:49 PM
And who plays second?

Saracen
06-19-2003, 11:07 PM
DJ is braindead. I lost faith in him when he jogged home on a sac fly about a month ago & got thrown out at the plate.

He has no hustle at all.

duke of dorwood
06-19-2003, 11:12 PM
Put Harris at second, since he's here

kermittheefrog
06-19-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
After watching DJ today, I think the Sox should ship him odwn to the minors. He is truly one of the dumbest players on this. Another base running blunder, failure to bunt the ball on the ground. I can't stand watching this anymore. And it's not just this game. I've seen D'Angelo run this team out of too many innings this season. Anyone remember the 9th inning of that Arizona game when the Sox were making a comeback.
How can this guy be so f**** stupid? He has no baseball smarts whatsoever.

I really miss Ray. Until then, send DJ down and bring up Miles. Not because I think Miles is better, just smarter.

Bob

I couldn't agree more. Lets get rid of one of the two guys on this team that isn't underperforming at the plate.

Listen to Jeremy, all you have to do is look at how many runs this team has scored and you'll know why they aren't winning.

WhiteSox = Life
06-20-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
And who plays second?

No! Who plays first! What's on second!

:D:

TornLabrum
06-20-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
No! Who plays first! What's on second!

:D:

I don't know.

WhiteSox = Life
06-20-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
I don't know.

THIRD BASE!

MHOUSE
06-20-2003, 12:30 AM
I like D'Angelo's bat and that he gets on base consistently. But he is one of the lazier players I've seen in a while. On the basepaths he is totally braindead and in the field he seems to half-@$$ it a lot. That really pisses me off as a fan since he's making more money than plenty of people to play a game and he can't play hard every time out? I gave him a break thinking maybe he'd changed his ways and he was playing well anyways, but he's become average and this braindead crap is starting to get old.

jeremyb1
06-20-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
I couldn't agree more. Lets get rid of one of the two guys on this team that isn't underperforming at the plate.

Listen to Jeremy, all you have to do is look at how many runs this team has scored and you'll know why they aren't winning.

the only thing that upsets me about jimenez is that his obp has dropped 60 points in the last month and only 30 of those points have come off of his batting average so he's walking a lot less for some reason. if only that was anywhere near the worst of our problems though...

MarkEdward
06-20-2003, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
the only thing that upsets me about jimenez is that his obp has dropped 60 points in the last month and only 30 of those points have come off of his batting average so he's walking a lot less for some reason. if only that was anywhere near the worst of our problems though...

Did you really think that he was going to keep up a .400 OBP, though? I don't think Jimenez is slumping, he's just regressing back to his normal numbers (if that makes any sense).

gosox41
06-20-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
Jeremy's point is that with a first baseman who can't hit, a third baseman who can't hit, and two center fielders who can't hit, we shouldn't be complaining about a player who has a .343 OBP.

I do agree that Jimenez may be a little fundamentally unsound, but the idea of demoting him or trading him is absurd. There are many problems with this 2003 team; Jimenez is one of the bright spots.

Isn't the leage average for OBP about .335? So we as Sox fans are excited because he has an OBP .008 better then the league. It btohers me that he makes boneheaded base running plays, or that he can't lay down a simple bunt.

Sure Jiminez has been one of about 2-3 bright spots on offense. Of course it's not his fault that no one else is hitting. But we're below .500 with him in the line up and losing him won't be that great of a loss. Of course if I were GM he'd be far from the only change I'd make, but it's a start. He needs a wake up call to focus more on the game.

Bring up Miles. I don't expect him to have a higher OBP then Jiminez. He's not a better hitter, probably good for about a .320 OBP. But from reports I've read, he can lay down a bunt, is solid defensively, and knows how to run the bases.

Bob

Hangar18
06-20-2003, 11:11 AM
I was sick of his act in MAY. Cant run the bases right.
Makes errors at the worst times, then CANNOT BUNT to save
his Life. I wouldnt mind seeing someone capable there.
Watching that 7th and 8th Inning Yesterday was GRUELING.
Made me realize Just How Bad This Team Really Is. We get
a LeadOff Walk. Harris Cant lay a bunt down, in danger of
K'ing out, then bunts TERRIBLY right back to the Pitcher, who
Threw the ball errantly to 2nd or that wouldve been a 1-6-3 Double Play. SO we get first and second......Jimenez up...
and HE CANT BUNT EITHER. He ends up Popping up a bunt
without Advancing the Runner. WE ARE TERRIBLE.

maurice
06-20-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
Isn't the leage average for OBP about .335? So we as Sox fans are excited because he has an OBP .008 better then the league.

That's because the Sox team OBP is a mere .314, second from last in the AL. Not coincidently, the Sox are also second from last in runs scored. The OBP of a replacement player from Charlottle is likely to be pretty low.

Bring up Miles. I don't expect him to have a higher OBP then Jiminez. He's not a better hitter, probably good for about a .320 OBP. But from reports I've read, he can lay down a bunt, is solid defensively, and knows how to run the bases.

Miles has a .351 OBP at Charlotte (marginally better than Tim Hummel's) but only 14 walks. He's a pathetic 1-for-8 in SBs. Miles has only 3 errors in 51 games at 2B this season but was very bad defensively last season. Don't know how well he bunts.

MarkEdward
06-20-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
Isn't the leage average for OBP about .335? So we as Sox fans are excited because he has an OBP .008 better then the league. It btohers me that he makes boneheaded base running plays, or that he can't lay down a simple bunt.

You're actually complaining that a player has a higher OBP than the league average?! Considering that six of our nine regular starters have an OBP below the league average, yes, I do get excited for Jimenez's .343 OBP.

Sure Jiminez has been one of about 2-3 bright spots on offense. Of course it's not his fault that no one else is hitting. But we're below .500 with him in the line up and losing him won't be that great of a loss. Of course if I were GM he'd be far from the only change I'd make, but it's a start. He needs a wake up call to focus more on the game.

He's 26 years old, and you already want to trade him? What sense would that make? Right now, Jimenez is the best middle infielder in the entire White Sox system (that includes the minors). Nobody has the upside that he has.

Bring up Miles. I don't expect him to have a higher OBP then Jiminez. He's not a better hitter, probably good for about a .320 OBP. But from reports I've read, he can lay down a bunt, is solid defensively, and knows how to run the bases.
Bob

No way would Miles post a .320 OBP on a major league team. The man can't draw a walk to save his life, and that will severely hurt him if he ever makes it to the bigs. Expect him to have an OBP around .280. And I don't know what reports you have read, but according to Daver, Miles is horrid on defense. And I really don't care if he can bunt with the best of them, if he can't get on base consistently, he's useless as a starter.

gosox41
06-20-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
You're actually complaining that a player has a higher OBP than the league average?! Considering that six of our nine regular starters have an OBP below the league average, yes, I do get excited for Jimenez's .343 OBP.



He's 26 years old, and you already want to trade him? What sense would that make? Right now, Jimenez is the best middle infielder in the entire White Sox system (that includes the minors). Nobody has the upside that he has.



No way would Miles post a .320 OBP on a major league team. The man can't draw a walk to save his life, and that will severely hurt him if he ever makes it to the bigs. Expect him to have an OBP around .280. And I don't know what reports you have read, but according to Daver, Miles is horrid on defense. And I really don't care if he can bunt with the best of them, if he can't get on base consistently, he's useless as a starter.

First, my point about Jiminez OBP was that it wasn't as good as it seems. It was in response to another poster who said he'd got a .343 OBP. It's slightly above average for the majors. The fact that it's third highest on the Sox has nothing to do with it. What good is this guy if he constantly runs the team out of innings. I can name 3 incidents off the tyop my of my head this season where his stupidity/laziness have hurt cost the Sox the game.

Obviously this wouldn't be talked about as much if other guys were doing their job, but they're not. And this brings me to my second point, where did I say I wanted to trade Jiminez? I said ship him down to the minors for a wake up call. Where does the word "trade" come into that statement?

Last, if I were GM if this team, Jiminez is hardly the last move I'd make. It's an obvious move, but other things would be done to shake things up.

Bob

TornLabrum
06-20-2003, 01:27 PM
If a player has a .343 OBP but keeps getting thrown out due to stupid base running, is his OBP really .343?

delben91
06-20-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
If a player has a .343 OBP but keeps getting thrown out due to stupid base running, is his OBP really .343?

I don't know, but if he fell in the forest and no one was around to hear it, I doubt he'd make a sound.

maurice
06-20-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
First, my point about Jiminez OBP was that it wasn't as good as it seems. It was in response to another poster who said he'd got a .343 OBP. It's slightly above average for the majors. The fact that it's third highest on the Sox has nothing to do with it.

The fact that it's third highest on the Sox has plenty to do with whether he should be shipped out. I have no problem replacing him, as long as it's with a better player. The Sox don't have a better 2B candidate right now. You don't improve a team by replacing all the slightly-above-average players who can't bunt with well-below-average players who bunt really good.

What good is this guy if he constantly runs the team out of innings.

Significantly better than a guy who never gets on base in the first place. As Torn points out, getting picked off, caught stealing, etc. make a player essentially the same as one with a slightly lower OBP. OTOH, in many instances, a single followed by a dumb baserunning mistake is preferable to a strikeout, etc. For example, the other day Jiminez hit an RBI single with a runner on second and stupidly got thrown out being over-aggressive and going to second when the throw was cut off. That may be a dumb play, but it's a heck of a lot better than a pop out.

My base running beef is with Valentin. He used to be the best (but not the fastest) base runner on the team. Now he's regularly getting thrown out on stupid plays.

MarkEdward
06-20-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
First, my point about Jiminez OBP was that it wasn't as good as it seems. It was in response to another poster who said he'd got a .343 OBP. It's slightly above average for the majors.

You have to put that .343 OBP in context, though. You can't just say that his OBP is .008 over the league average. You must take into account what position he plays. A .343 OBP is nothing for a first baseman or corner outfielder, but a .343 OBP second baseman is very valuable. Off the top of my head, only Boone and Soriano (maybe Ellis and Kennedy) have higher OBPs.

Obviously this wouldn't be talked about as much if other guys were doing their job, but they're not. And this brings me to my second point, where did I say I wanted to trade Jiminez? I said ship him down to the minors for a wake up call. Where does the word "trade" come into that statement?
Bob

I'm sorry. Many here have wanted to trade Jimenez, and I guess I mixed you into that group.

Anyway, what message does shipping Jimenez down send to the other plays? "Get on base consistently, make some mistakes, and you're on your way to Charlotte."

Finally, we have no better options in Charlotte. Hummel won't perform better than Jimenez, and Miles will perform exponentially worse.

Gumshoe
06-20-2003, 04:15 PM
He's made a few mistakes, but if everyone else (or anyone else) is playing, you wouldn't be so critical. He's real solid all the way around , actually.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, his name is J-I-M-E-N-E-Z

and it's pronounced like an H at the beginning, not a G!

Thanks, that is terribly frustrating/annoying.

Gumshoe

gosox41
06-20-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward


Anyway, what message does shipping Jimenez down send to the other plays? "Get on base consistently, make some mistakes, and you're on your way to Charlotte."

Finally, we have no better options in Charlotte. Hummel won't perform better than Jimenez, and Miles will perform exponentially worse.

Then bring up Hummel. The point of sending down Jiminez is a wake up call to him and the other players who think there job is safe. The message to the ballplayers would be: First, get your act together and Second, play team baseball. Do the little things to win. If we're willing to send down our third most productive hitter for being so stupid what's that say to the rest of you guys.

Of course KW refuses to do anything to shake up this team. Sending down Jiminez is a wake up all but nothing to severe such as just trading someone to trade him.

Teams need shakeups especially this one. Bowden didn't like the way the Reds played in April and made a bunch of moves. Beane did the same to the 2002 A's after they got off to a crappy start. KW just sits there and talks about the long haul.

Bob

gosox41
06-20-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Gumshoe
He's made a few mistakes, but if everyone else (or anyone else) is playing, you wouldn't be so critical. He's real solid all the way around , actually.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, his name is J-I-M-E-N-E-Z

and it's pronounced like an H at the beginning, not a G!

Thanks, that is terribly frustrating/annoying.

Gumshoe

If he keeps running this team out of innings, I'm going to call him D-U-M-B-A-*-*.

MarkEdward
06-20-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
Then bring up Hummel.

Let me re-phrase this. Right now, Tim Hummel and Jimenez have identical OBPs. Hummel is slugging .428, while DJ is slugging .434. Jimenez's EQA is .271, while Hummel's major league EQA is .245. So Hummel probably won't hit anywhere close to Jimenez.

Also, let's say DJ gets sent down. Are you comfortable with Willie Harris and Jose Valentin as our 1-2? If so, then say goodbye to scoring runs.

The point of sending down Jiminez is a wake up call to him and the other players who think there job is safe. The message to the ballplayers would be: First, get your act together and Second, play team baseball. Do the little things to win. If we're willing to send down our third most productive hitter for being so stupid what's that say to the rest of you guys.

It says that if you're producing more than adequately, then you'll get sent down.

Teams need shakeups especially this one. Bowden didn't like the way the Reds played in April and made a bunch of moves. Beane did the same to the 2002 A's after they got off to a crappy start. KW just sits there and talks about the long haul.
Bob

And has this helped the Reds at all? They're only one game over .500. And when the A's made their changes, they had better players waiting in AAA (Ellis better than Menechino, anyone better than Magnante). The Sox have nobody better than Jimenez at this point.

gosox41
06-21-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward


Also, let's say DJ gets sent down. Are you comfortable with Willie Harris and Jose Valentin as our 1-2? If so, then say goodbye to scoring runs.



Have you seen the Sox offense this season?

I wouldn't send Jimenez down for a long time, just long enough for this guy to get his head into the game. It's one thing to lose, it's antoher to lose playing bad, stupid baseball.


Bob

MarkEdward
06-21-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
Have you seen the Sox offense this season?

Can you imagine what it would be like without Jimenez?

I wouldn't send Jimenez down for a long time, just long enough for this guy to get his head into the game. It's one thing to lose, it's antoher to lose playing bad, stupid baseball.
Bob

So how long would you send him down for? How do you know when he finally has "gotten his head together?" With the "mistakes" Jimenez has made this year, how do you know when he's cured of making these mistakes?

gosox41
06-21-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
Can you imagine what it would be like without Jimenez?



So how long would you send him down for? How do you know when he finally has "gotten his head together?" With the "mistakes" Jimenez has made this year, how do you know when he's cured of making these mistakes?

When I see him decerase his stupid baserunning, I'd feel more confident bringing him up. It's a question of focus which he lacks. I'd assume spending a few games in Charlotte will motivate him to keep his head in the game. Knowing how to run the bases isn't that tough of a skill and can be taught.

If the Sox has been hitting like they're capable of all season, would you feel differently about Jimenez? I wouldn't. Stupid baseball is stupid baseball. The fact that this team hasn't been hitting sheds light on how some players are lacking fundamentals. Jimenez isn't the only one, of course, but he's the guy I see making the same dumb mistakes over and over.


Bob

gosox41
06-21-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
Can you imagine what it would be like without Jimenez?




You mean the Sox would be an even worse third place team? It's clear that Jimenez is not the sole reason this team isn't performing well, but he isn't helping all that much. He's a young player(if you want to use inexperience as an excuse) and can't seem to run from here to there without making a stupid mistake.

Bob

MarkEdward
06-21-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by gosox41

When I see him decerase his stupid baserunning, I'd feel more confident bringing him up. It's a question of focus which he lacks. I'd assume spending a few games in Charlotte will motivate him to keep his head in the game. Knowing how to run the bases isn't that tough of a skill and can be taught.

If Jimenez gets sent down, I'd think that he'd start to question his role on this team. Right now, he's doing his job: getting on base. Yes, he's making some mistakes, but that comes with being an aggressive player. If he gets sent down, maybe he'll lose that aggressive streak, and that could affect his hitting. At this time, we can't lose Jimenez's bat.


If the Sox has been hitting like they're capable of all season, would you feel differently about Jimenez?


Not really. His mistakes may seem more blatant, but I'd still appreciate his .343 OBP the same way.


Originally posted by gosox41

You mean the Sox would be an even worse third place team?
Bob

By the end of today, the Sox could be 4.5 games out of first. If you send Jimenez down, you're pretty much ending this season. DJ's bat is valuable. If we lose that, our offense consists of Ordonez, Thomas, and... well, that's it.

UnderpantsGnome
06-26-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
If a player has a .343 OBP but keeps getting thrown out due to stupid base running, is his OBP really .343?

Hear Hear!

I don't like watching lazy players, especially when they're on the team I root for. His play in the field is especially lethargic. I've seen Jimenez pull the old Royce Clayton thats-too-far-out-of-my-range-i-might-make-an-error move too many times. You're in the big leagues, son. Dive for the ball once in a while, you lazy, no-talent @$$ clown!

Fisk72
06-26-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by UnderpantsGnome
Dive for the ball once in a while, you lazy, no-talent @$$
clown!


*****! That's the first time I've heard those words in that particular order. As far as his playing goes, yes, I'm fed up with him. I've seen way too many defensive AND offensive gaffes by this guy. We're at the point where we're slowly getting better and closer and need a little bump to get us going and over the top. Who thinks we'd be starting the game today with an extra spring in our step if we had won back-to-back games? I know there were some mistakes all around, but geez!

soxguy
06-28-2003, 08:38 PM
are ya sick of DJ now? Looks like some of the role players are startin to come thru with big games bout time.... TEAM effort makes championship teams

WhiteSox = Life
06-28-2003, 08:46 PM
For today, all is good. That doesn't mean DJ is out of the doghouse.

All we ask for is him giving it 100%. If he doesn't pull through, fine, but all we can ask for is full effort.

But for today, all is good!

:)

Lip Man 1
06-28-2003, 09:11 PM
One game winning hit does not make up for all the boneheaded running mistakes, dropped balls and botched grounders does it?

Lip

jeremyb1
06-28-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
One game winning hit does not make up for all the boneheaded running mistakes, dropped balls and botched grounders does it?

Lip

and by the same token, several baserunning and fielding blunders doesn't negate the fact that he's one of our most productive hitters, does it? people just love to guage their opinion on a player by how much the player frustrates or pleases them on a personal level instead of how much he contributes to the team as a whole. jimenez has made some stupid mistakes which drive sox fans nuts so they choose to overlook his offensive ability. ridiculous. lets bench jimenez, our fifth best regular so that you're not frustrated in close games.

Kilroy
06-28-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
One game winning hit does not make up for all the boneheaded running mistakes, dropped balls and botched grounders does it?

Lip

It does for a couple of hours, at the very least. C'mon Lip, enjoy it. It doesn't get much better than 2 straight bottom of the 9th wins over the Cubs -- in our house....

duke of dorwood
06-28-2003, 09:35 PM
I was impressed the way he filled in at third in an emergency today. That's versatility I was not aware of

CHISOXFAN13
06-28-2003, 10:02 PM
I've been a big critic of Jimenez all along, but at least for today, he did one hell of a job. I was panicking when the ball was hit to him at third, but he made a solid throw Tony G!!!

I'll get off Jimenez as long as the Rowand bashers get off him.


Everyone is stepping up in crucial situations. Now this is really starting to get exciting. Lrt's go Cardinals!!!

gosox41
06-29-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by soxguy
are ya sick of DJ now? Looks like some of the role players are startin to come thru with big games bout time.... TEAM effort makes championship teams

Just one question since I honestly couldn't tell for sure. When DJ hit the ball to the second baseman in his first at bat and the second baseman booted it, was DJ running hard all the way down to first?

Bob

voodoochile
06-29-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
Just one question since I honestly couldn't tell for sure. When DJ hit the ball to the second baseman in his first at bat and the second baseman booted it, was DJ running hard all the way down to first?

Bob

He definitely picked it up when the ball got booted, but I didn't notice the first half of his run as I was watching the ball. My first thought was that if he had run hard all the way he might have been safe. But, this whole team does that except for Harris. In fact, Maggs being so agressive on the basepaths yesterday is why he won the PTC. He ran hard all game long and got us two big runs for his effort. Maybe it will start to catch on...

Jimenez looks like he is still learning the game. I just wish it would take him less mistakes to get the message sunk in.