PDA

View Full Version : Hey we scored!

Jerry_Manuel
08-21-2001, 08:39 PM
Clayton doubles and Ray knocks him in.

1 to 1

KempersRS
08-21-2001, 08:46 PM
I can't believe Jon got out of the 1st with only one run. Way to get out of it. I thought we were gonna see CharlieBrown back here telling us how terrible Garland is.

Jerry_Manuel
08-21-2001, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
I can't believe Jon got out of the 1st with only one run. Way to get out of it. I thought we were gonna see CharlieBrown back here telling us how terrible Garland is.

He left the board he called us all losers. His exact comments were:

"OK--listen--this is my last post on this losers' board. Everything I post is distorted and attacked.

Who wants to run Valentin out of town? Not me. Just put him back on short--and away from third, away from center...away from new situations where he has to think...
I humorously suggested that his theme song be "Oops--I did it Again"--and that's running him out of town?
Sorry--I didn't see the go-slow-we're-humor-challenged handicapped sign here.

Garland will be gone within two years....he's already had one arm injury....which is why the Cubs gave up on him.

Frank Thomas is not worth he salary he's paid.

The future is Borchard, Crede, Rauch, Honel.

Sayonara...."

KempersRS
08-21-2001, 08:57 PM
Everything I post is distorted and attacked.

Well, I believe what did it for me was "Rowand is a natural second baseman". That comment blew me away. Hey, Mark Johnson is pretty good at digging out those pitches in the dirt, he should be our new shortstop, he is a natural...