Blueprint1
06-19-2003, 05:07 PM
This guy always has people on base.

A.T. Money
06-19-2003, 05:10 PM
He blew the game.....yaaaaay.

FJA
06-19-2003, 05:11 PM
This team is absolutely miserable to watch. I can remember worse teams that I enjoyed watching more than this one.

pudge
06-19-2003, 05:12 PM
Another loss for Koch. Lots of runners left on base. Jesus this is getting old. MAKE A DAMN CHANGE! I don't care what it is, shake this f#$@ing team up.

FanOf14
06-19-2003, 05:12 PM
Why did they put that putz in? I am not sure what is more annoying, Koch or PK's BA (or lack thereof)...

WhiteSox = Life
06-19-2003, 05:13 PM
As much as I hate Damon, though he is a pretty good player, Koch is so irritating. I'd like to see a couple 1-2-3 innings in a row for a change.

Nice job, Billy. Way to give Boston the lead. You and your billy goat goatee better hope the Sox tie the game in the bottom of the 10th.

pudge
06-19-2003, 05:16 PM
Don't worry - Konerko's coming up this inning....

FanOf14
06-19-2003, 05:18 PM
Konerko may suck, but you can't blame him for an inept 1-2-3 (at least today they were) and the two double plays CLee hit into.

gosox41
06-19-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
This guy always has people on base.

Koch 2003 WHIP--- 1.38
Foulke 2003 WHIP-- 1.04

It's only a matter of time before all the baserunners Koch outs on catches up to him and runs start being scored. Until today he hasn't given up runs as of late, but he seems to be putting a ton of guys on base. Maybe that's why his WHIP over the last week is 1.50.

Good trade Kenny.

Bob

kevingrt
06-19-2003, 05:23 PM
Whole damn team is annoying! :angry:

Gumshoe
06-19-2003, 05:23 PM
Maggs singles ... let's see our lower lineup hitters do something.

If any evidence is necessary that Koch flat out sucks, it was proven today. Jackson WANTS to bunt, he can't, and then KOCH WALKS HIM. My god - pathetic.

Man, it would have been a huge win. That's the story of the season -- yes I agree, i've seen much worse teams that are more fun to watch, for certain

Gumshoe

Gumshoe
06-19-2003, 05:24 PM
HAD Paul swinging AWAY with 1 man on and 0 outs! ARGH

valposoxfan
06-19-2003, 05:24 PM
The Red Sox get one hit in nine innings and win the game. Awe-inspiring. The Goats-of-the-Game awards go to Carlos Lee (two crucial DP's), Billy Koch (Picks up the loss). Congrats guys.

Gumshoe
06-19-2003, 05:26 PM
I can't stand it when we lose, but it just makes you think that KW has to feel like that much more of an A$$hole when Koch blows it. MORON

Gumshoe

Chisox353014
06-19-2003, 05:27 PM
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

It should not have been physically possible to lose this game today, yet somehow we did it. How do you give up one hit in 9 innings to the best hitting team in the AL and still lose?
Un-B-Leave-A-Bull!
Did I mention how much I hate this f%&ing team yet?

hold2dibber
06-19-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
Koch 2003 WHIP--- 1.38
Foulke 2003 WHIP-- 1.04

Bob

And its not like this is just a '03 phenomenon:

Career ERA: Fouke 3.30, Koch 3.57
Career WHIP: Foulke 1.06, Koch 1.32

Even in '02 (a supposed down year for Foulke and a career year for Koch):

'02 ERA: Foulke 2.90, Koch 3.27
'02 WHIP: Foulke 1.00, Koch 1.27

It was a lousy trade then, and a lousy trade now. Save me the "but Koch throws faster" and the "Koch is more intimidating" crap; Foulke is better, always has been. Now, with that said, Koch has been a pretty good pitcher over his career; but he's not in the same class as Foulke. And this year, the discrepancy has been even worse.

As I predicted after the trade for those who said that they were always nervous when Foulke came into the game -- wait 'til you experience a year with Koch and the endless stream of base runners he allows. As predicted, Sox fans crap their pants every time Koch gets in the game. He's a one man ulcer-inducer.

gosox41
06-19-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
And its not like this is just a '03 phenomenon:

Career ERA: Fouke 3.30, Koch 3.57
Career WHIP: Foulke 1.06, Koch 1.32

Even in '02 (a supposed down year for Foulke and a career year for Koch):

'02 ERA: Foulke 2.90, Koch 3.27
'02 WHIP: Foulke 1.00, Koch 1.27

It was a lousy trade then, and a lousy trade now. Save me the "but Koch throws faster" and the "Koch is more intimidating" crap; Foulke is better, always has been. Now, with that said, Koch has been a pretty good pitcher over his career; but he's not in the same class as Foulke. And this year, the discrepancy has been even worse.

As I predicted after the trade for those who said that they were always nervous when Foulke came into the game -- wait 'til you experience a year with Koch and the endless stream of base runners he allows. As predicted, Sox fans crap their pants every time Koch gets in the game. He's a one man ulcer-inducer.

My favorite is people who bring up the number of scoreless appearances a pitcher has. My advice to them is to read "Moneyball". I'm in the middle of it, but there's a chapter devoted to talking about odds of scoring runs with men on base in different scenarios.

Of course what does Oakland and Billy Beane know? They just averaged 99 wins over the last 3 seasons and dumped another closer on a sucker of a team.

Bob

A.T. Money
06-19-2003, 05:48 PM
...and Danny Wright for walking 3 in the first inning.

I don't care if Carlos hit into 2 triple plays, 3 runs on 1 hit in 1 inning is not acceptable.

Foulke You
06-19-2003, 05:56 PM
Koch shouldn't have even been out there in the first place in a hold situation when Gordon was doing fine. Flash hadn't pitched in a couple days, he was fresh and retired Boston 1-2-3. As usual the Sox do the opposite of what conventional wisdom would tell you to do. This team is maddening. I cannot believe how many runners we strand. We have to be the only fans that cringe when we get the bases loaded with no outs. It has to be a mental thing at this point with this bunch. Another huge chance to take 3 out of 4 from a good team go by the wayside. Would've been nice going into the Cubs series with a series win over Boston.