PDA

View Full Version : Konerko=sad

Blueprint1
06-19-2003, 03:27 PM
Its true and this is coming from the biggest Konerko fan since we got him from the Reds. Right now he is the worst hitter ive ever seen play at the MLB level. The guy cant even get the ball out of the infield anymore. I dont know if its the hip everyone talks about or if hes just out of his head. I think the guy need to take a week away from baseball and heal or get his head together.

MarqSox
06-19-2003, 03:29 PM
Oh how the mighty hath fallen. :whiner:

TornLabrum
06-19-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
Its true and this is coming from the biggest Konerko fan since we got him from the Reds. Right now he is the worst hitter ive ever seen play at the MLB level. The guy cant even get the ball out of the infield anymore. I dont know if its the hip everyone talks about or if hes just out of his head. I think the guy need to take a week away from baseball and heal or get his head together.

This has to be something of what it must have been like to watch Lou Gehrig in the spring of 1939. I hope there is nothing seriously wrong with Konerko.

39thandWallace
06-19-2003, 03:38 PM
He makes Dan Pasqua look like Babe Ruth.

34 Inch Stick
06-19-2003, 04:17 PM
He cannot possibly be this bad. Farmer yesterday thought Paully was trying to justify the big contract. Still, how do you hit under .200 with no power.

39thandWallace
06-19-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
He cannot possibly be this bad. Farmer yesterday thought Paully was trying to justify the big contract. Still, how do you hit under .200 with no power.

Now they have him try to bunt the first two pitches. Then swing away at 0-2 like he had a chance!

FJA
06-19-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by 39thandWallace
Now they have him try to bunt the first two pitches. Then swing away at 0-2 like he had a chance!

Well, he "swung and missed" on that second bunt attempt. I don't think I've seen that since Pinto league.

gosox41
06-19-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Blueprint1

For those who think he has a hip injury, how is he overcompensating for it on the field? I have noticed nothing different about him other then the fact his hitting stinks. But he's not favoring the hip or limping or anything. Other then people buying into what Steff says, what other reason is there to think he has a hip injury?

Bob

FarmerAndy
06-19-2003, 04:43 PM
What has me steaming today is the fact that for the second day in a row Paulie has been brought in to pinch hit for Daubach, who has been nearly perfect this series. I know managers like to play the whole righty/lefty thing, but Konerko has been just plain bad no matter what the matchup is.

Last night Paulie hits for Daubach with the bases juiced and nobody out, and he hits into a 5-2-3 double play. The you put him in for Daubach again today? Daubach has been killing the Red Sox for the last few days, you don't pull him out in favor of Konerko, especially after what happened last night when you did it. I just don't get it.

jeremyb1
06-19-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
What has me steaming today is the fact that for the second day in a row Paulie has been brought in to pinch hit for Daubach, who has been nearly perfect this series. I know managers like to play the whole righty/lefty thing, but Konerko has been just plain bad no matter what the matchup is.

Last night Paulie hits for Daubach with the bases juiced and nobody out, and he hits into a 5-2-3 double play. The you put him in for Daubach again today? Daubach has been killing the Red Sox for the last few days, you don't pull him out in favor of Konerko, especially after what happened last night when you did it. I just don't get it.

i completely agree. if i recall correctly, daubach actually hit lefties better than righties last season.

FJA
06-19-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy

If I were Daubach, I'd feel even more like an outsider now. You work your a** off and you get taken out for a guy who has been horrible all season? Against your old team? I'd be steaming if I were him.

hold2dibber
06-19-2003, 04:47 PM
I don't know if it's physical or mental, but I agree that I honestly don't remember seeing any bona fide major league hitter this worthless at the plate for this long of a time period. He has been absolutely atrocious. It is a minor miracle when he hits the ball in the air. It is a major miracle when he hits it with any authority whatsoever. It is sad.

Foulke You
06-19-2003, 05:04 PM
Even if Paulie was having an AVERAGE season (.250avg 12HR 38RBIS) he's be worth keeping in the lineup but c'mon, this is getting ugly! 3 HR? .197 avg? It's time for Daubach to take on the full time DH role. I never thought I'd say this but I think Konerko could benefit from a 2 week stint in AAA Charlotte to try to get his swing back. He needs prolonged at bats against slightly less than MLB pitching. Poor Paulie, I feel bad for the guy but they have to do what is right for the team.

Fisk72
06-19-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
I never thought I'd say this but I think Konerko could benefit from a 2 week stint in AAA Charlotte to try to get his swing back. He needs prolonged at bats against slightly less than MLB pitching. Poor Paulie, I feel bad for the guy but they have to do what is right for the team.

My thoughts exactly. I know you don't normally see it happen to big-name players unless it's a rehab assignment, but something's gotta be done for the better of the team as well as Paulie. I mean, come on, he was an All Star last year. Whatever helps to get him back on track.

doublem23
06-19-2003, 10:58 PM
He's not hurt (at least thats what he says), he just sucks.

Waste of money.

TRL
06-20-2003, 12:21 AM
I think Paulie is well over due for a slump buster. Where is John Kruk when you need him.