PDA

View Full Version : Respect For a Scrub

kevingrt
06-19-2003, 03:30 PM
I gained some respect for Kyle Farnsworth today after he just plain took out Paul Wilson of the Reds today. What a slam to the ground Farnsworth gave him. Pretty good brawl to see, and plus the Scrubs lost! :D:

cheeses_h_rice
06-19-2003, 03:33 PM
Why would anyone in their right mind take on Farnsworth? He's the most muscular player of his size in the whole league...idiotic.

maurice
06-19-2003, 04:25 PM
Wilson didn't exactly go after Farnsworth. They were jawing from about 50 feet away after Farnsworth threw Wilson an inside pitch on a bunt attempt. In light of the inside and wild pitch, Wilson took a couple of steps out of the box towards the third base coach, then Farnsworth started at Wilson, then Wilson took about two steps towards Farnsworth before getting absolutely speared and eventually bloodied.

I guess Wilson forgot that he was holding a bat.

ChiWhiteSox1337
06-19-2003, 04:34 PM
i also have respect for those pinch hitters who struck out for the cubs with the bases loaded :D:

34 Inch Stick
06-19-2003, 05:15 PM
Kyle Farnsworth is a pooka bead wearing piece of white trash.

DrCrawdad
06-19-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by maurice
Wilson didn't exactly go after Farnsworth. They were jawing from about 50 feet away after Farnsworth threw Wilson an inside pitch on a bunt attempt. In light of the inside and wild pitch, Wilson took a couple of steps out of the box towards the third base coach, then Farnsworth started at Wilson, then Wilson took about two steps towards Farnsworth before getting absolutely speared and eventually bloodied.

I guess Wilson forgot that he was holding a bat.

I didn't see the Farnsworth/Wilson dust-up,
did it look like this...

:nolanventura

ChiWhiteSox1337
06-19-2003, 08:43 PM
it was somewhat like the ventura-nolan ryan fight, except farnsworth tackled the guy and then started to pummel him in a headlock

duke of dorwood
06-19-2003, 09:18 PM
Jose for Farnsworth?

MHOUSE
06-20-2003, 12:53 AM
Hey I wouldn't mind Jose for Farnsworth. Jose is worthless right now.

fquaye149
06-20-2003, 08:35 AM
come on now guys, don't applaud brawling...just cuz guillermo mota ran away from piazza doesn't mean he's not a great pitcher

and just cuz piazza chased him doesn't mean

a.) he's not gay

b.) he's not on the dl and hitting sub-.300

same goes for farnsworth...so he tackled a PITCHER...

that's like when mientkiewicz, still smarting from getting plunked like 87 times by the sox tried to take a run at runnelvys.

big men...

Hangar18
06-20-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
it was somewhat like the ventura-nolan ryan fight, except farnsworth tackled the guy and then started to pummel him in a headlock

Farnsworth is Jerk. The guy actually shoved me once at a bar
near The Urinal.