PDA

View Full Version : Holy Shi*!

Vsahajpal
06-19-2003, 01:38 PM
Kyle Farnsworth, I just gained some respect for you. Anyone see that!?!?!

HawkDJ
06-19-2003, 01:42 PM
That was nasty

A.T. Money
06-19-2003, 01:42 PM
What happened?

MHOUSE
06-19-2003, 01:48 PM
The Reds starter Wilson squared to bunt and Farnsworth threw him inside. Wilson said something and then charged. Farnsworth just stuck him like a linebacker and started swinging. Then the benches cleared and there was a big pileup and pushing and stuff. It was quite a brawl. Then Karros and Danny Graves got into a shouting match and they took a while to settle everyone down. Keep watching this. Farnsworth is huge though. Damn. I thought he was gay all this time? :D:

Hullett_Fan
06-19-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Damn. I thought he was gay all this time?

You seem upset that he's not?!? Hmmm....

Vsahajpal
06-19-2003, 01:55 PM
Farnsworth speared him after Wilson charged. Why the hell would you charge Kyle F? He's a freakin monster with a black belt in karate. Wilson's nose will never be the same.

MarkEdward
06-19-2003, 01:55 PM
Damn. I thought he was gay all this time?

Uhhh, is being gay a bad thing?

FJA
06-19-2003, 01:56 PM
I don't think MLB will be too kind to "The Sleeping Giant" for that. As if the tackle wasn't nasty enough, he got some serious punches in.

MetalliSox
06-19-2003, 01:58 PM
Wilson is a moron. Farnsworth should change his name to Goldberg after that spear. Funny stuff!

MHOUSE
06-19-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Hullett_Fan
You seem upset that he's not?!? Hmmm....

LOL. No, I was just surprised that a gay guy would show some balls and beat the crap out of somebody like he did. Maybe if he took off that gay necklace I could take him more seriously.

Anyone see Wilson afterwards? He was bloodier than heck and looked like a mess. The Cubs were pretty much unscathed.

MHOUSE
06-19-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
Uhhh, is being gay a bad thing?

No no, I should have put that in teal. I was just taking a shot at Farnsworth. Maybe I shouldn't now though! :D:

MarkEdward
06-19-2003, 02:03 PM
No no, I should have put that in teal. I was just taking a shot at Farnsworth. Maybe I shouldn't now though! :D:

So calling someone "gay" is a put down?

Tolerance, dude. Tolerance.

valposoxfan
06-19-2003, 02:09 PM
Take it easy MarkEdwards, it a figure of speech. :smile: Now back to the situation at hand. First off, Farnsworth just looks scary. He's the kinda guy you see on the street and you avoid because you might lose your wallet. Wilson is a moron. Wilsons feet didn't even touch the ground until he was on his ass after Farnsworth laid him out. Then a lot of comedy when Chump Caray took the opportunity during the delay to rip on the Reds, Danny Graves in particular, for not pitching because of a blister. Hey Chip, go up to Graves and say that and see what happens you dorky tool. That, and ask your partner what its like to pitch with a blister before questioning a quality baseball players manhood like that. Chump almost ruined the experience for me... but not quite... :cool:

Hullett_Fan
06-19-2003, 03:18 PM
LOL. No, I was just surprised that a gay guy would show some balls and beat the crap out of somebody like he did. Maybe if he took off that gay necklace I could take him more seriously.

Anyone see Wilson afterwards? He was bloodier than heck and looked like a mess. The Cubs were pretty much unscathed.

The necklace is 'gay' and he's not bright (I've talked to him), but every time I've been at "Ty's Till 4" while he's there it's hard to get any girl's attention.

Anyway, Wilson should have expected it after hitting Alou the previous inning.

maurice
06-19-2003, 03:41 PM
Guys, Farnworth made the first move towards Wilson, then Wilson took a couple of steps before getting speared. The camera was following the wild pitch, so you couldn't see Farnsworth charging, but the two players landed on the third base line. That means Farnsworth walked and charged (off camera) maybe 20 yards towards Wilson. In the meanwhile, Wilson apparently forgot that he was holding a bat.

It was a heck of a tackle, but I don't respect pitchers with black belts charging the batters' box. That's like an ump instigating an argument with a player. I expect Farnsworth to get a nasty suspension.

Vsahajpal
06-19-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by maurice
Guys, Farnworth made the first move towards Wilson, then Wilson took a couple of steps before getting speared. The camera was following the wild pitch, so you couldn't see Farnsworth charging, but the two players landed on the third base line. That means Farnsworth walked and charged (off camera) maybe 20 yards towards Wilson. In the meanwhile, Wilson apparently forgot that he was holding a bat.

It was a heck of a tackle, but I don't respect pitchers with black belts charging the batters' box. That's like an ump instigating an argument with a player. I expect Farnsworth to get a nasty suspension.

He didn't charge Wilson, he started towards the ball/plate, which is any pitcher's first instinct after a wild pitch and a runner on base. Secondly, the pitch didn't really come close, no intent to hit him. Finally, Wilson dropped the bat before Farnsworth dropped his glove.

Nellie_Fox
06-19-2003, 04:08 PM
I can't believe:

1. All you guys are watching the Cubs game.

2. It's being discussed here.

Take it to a Cubs board.

valposoxfan
06-19-2003, 04:14 PM
Whatever...last time I checked we could talk about all things baseball related...

maurice
06-19-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
He didn't charge Wilson

Sure he did. The last glimpse of Farnsworth before the camera pans to follow the wild pitch is Farnsworth yelling at Wilson (and Wilson yelling back). I don't know whether he intended to hit Wilson with the pitch, but it definitely was a message pitch in retaliation for the batter Wilson hit earlier in the game. The pitch was so far inside that the catcher didn't catch it. Farnsworth didn't run to cover home, because the only base runner was on first going to second at the time, and Farnsworth wasn't watching the play anyway; he was yelling at Wilson. In light of the wild pitch, Wilson moved out of the batters' box towards the third base coach, not towards Farnsworth. Then, Wilson took a couple of steps towards Farnsworth before getting absolutely leveled, and they landed on the third base line, several feet from home plate. Physics, therefore, dictates that Farnsworth was running at Wilson. Per the AP article all over the Internet, "Wilson whirled and yelled at the mound, and the two pitchers charged each other." It was not a defensive move by Farnsworth.

Wilson never should have dropped the bat or stepped towards Farnsworth. He should have just waited for Farnsworth in foul ground and them popped him in the knee with the bat. (Now THAT would have been good TV.) Apparently, Wilson got startled when he saw a giant of a man going after him and wasn't thinking straight.

Nellie_Fox
06-19-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
Whatever...last time I checked we could talk about all things baseball related... Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. Discussing Cubs games on here makes as much sense as the callers who try to talk Cubs on the White Sox post-game show.

maurice
06-19-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
I can't believe:

1. All you guys are watching the Cubs game.

2. It's being discussed here.

Both games were on at the place where I was eating lunch. I'm using this thread to criticize a scrubs player, which certainly is an accepted practice here. I can't speak for the scrubs fan and those discussing Farnsworth's sexuality, though.

:)

Vsahajpal
06-19-2003, 04:53 PM
Sure he did. The last glimpse of Farnsworth before the camera pans to follow the wild pitch is Farnsworth yelling at Wilson (and Wilson yelling back). I don't know whether he intended to hit Wilson with the pitch, but it definitely was a message pitch in retaliation for the batter Wilson hit earlier in the game. The pitch was so far inside that the catcher didn't catch it. Farnsworth didn't run to cover home, because the only base runner was on first going to second at the time, and Farnsworth wasn't watching the play anyway; he was yelling at Wilson. In light of the wild pitch, Wilson moved out of the batters' box towards the third base coach, not towards Farnsworth. Then, Wilson took a couple of steps towards Farnsworth before getting absolutely leveled, and they landed on the third base line, several feet from home plate. Physics, therefore, dictates that Farnsworth was running at Wilson. Per the AP article all over the Internet, "Wilson whirled and yelled at the mound, and the two pitchers charged each other." It was not a defensive move by Farnsworth.

Wilson never should have dropped the bat or stepped towards Farnsworth. He should have just waited for Farnsworth in foul ground and them popped him in the knee with the bat. (Now THAT would have been good TV.) Apparently, Wilson got startled when he saw a giant of a man going after him and wasn't thinking straight.

Just saw it on PTI again in slow mo. Farnsworth didn't even jump off the mound, he started walking to the plate, not at Wilson, and how the heck do you know he was mouthing off at Wilson? His back was towards the camera. Wilson clearly said something and dropped his bat and made a move towards Kyle, who then flipped his glove off and leveled him.

maurice
06-19-2003, 05:35 PM
Vic, if Wilson charged Farnsworth as he went (for no apparent reason) towards home plate, rather than both players charging each other (as the AP writer describes), they would have landed in the middle of the diamond between home plate and the mound. Instead, they landed up the third base line. Farnsworth is not innocent.
Your cubbie blue is showing. :)

Vsahajpal
06-19-2003, 05:43 PM
Vic, if Wilson charged Farnsworth as he went (for no apparent reason) towards home plate, rather than both players charging each other (as the AP writer describes), they would have landed in the middle of the diamond between home plate and the mound. Instead, they landed up the third base line. Farnsworth is not innocent.
Your cubbie blue is showing. :)

No, of course not, Kyle should and will be penalized.

But your argument that it was Kyle's fault because it happened nearer to the plate is explained by the fact that Kyle was already headed towards there after the wild pitch. It's not like he threw at Wilson and immediately charged him. He was halfway to the plate when Wilson opened his mouth and dropped his bat, he ran about 10 feet and leveled him.

Anyways, that was a good brawl. Bad game though, you guys want a veteran LH pinch hitter? Lenny Harris...? He's real good, trust me.

maurice
06-19-2003, 05:52 PM
Farnsworth isn't the only one at fault. You're right that he didn't charge until after Wilson started yelling. I agree that Wilson shouldn't have dropped his bat and charged. They probably both will get suspended.

They certainly livened up my lunch break, though. :gulp:

MHOUSE
06-19-2003, 11:47 PM
Well it all started with Prior throwing behind LaRue in the 6th. Intentional or not, it led to Alou getting plunked the next inning. Then Wilson comes up the next inning and albeit it seemed dumb to throw at him with runners on and a close ballgame, Farnsworth came WAY inside and I could see why Wilson would say something. I think Farnsworth came towards the plate to cover home while Bako picked up the wild pitch. In any event, Farnsworth is huge and Wilson look comical with his feet off the ground and then getting blasted with punches. Nellie, this is baseball related and it was a pretty exciting brawl so lay off of everyone. I changed back to the Sox once everything settled down. Chill dood. :cool:

Thunderstruck30
06-19-2003, 11:48 PM
Wilson is an idiot for two reasons:

1. Farnsworth is pretty big and can obviously take him.
2. Farnsworth did nothing wrong. Wilson crowded way over the plate and all Farnsworth did was throw an inside pitch. Then he started walking to home and Wilson charged him so obviously Farnsworth is gonna charge back. That was a great tackle by Farnsworth. I dont think Ive ever seen a baseball player attack a guy like that. That was great!

valposoxfan
06-20-2003, 01:42 AM
Farnsworth may have been somewhat innocent out there but for my sanity sake I hope he is suspended a long time just because it would make me feel good. But let him pitch in the Sox-Cubs series. We own him.

DrCrawdad
06-20-2003, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
No, of course not, Kyle should and will be penalized...

I don't remember, how many games did Nolan Ryan get suspended for when Ventura had the bright idea to charge the mound?

:nolanventura

From what I saw on the news Farnsworth's pitch didn't look that bad. But I wouldn't want to be squaring to bunt on his 96+ heater, unless I had on a goalie's equipment.

Hangar18
06-20-2003, 12:09 PM
Farnsworth is the Stereotypical Jock. Hes big and Dumb.
quite a jackass actually. that couldve been me getting body
slammed by him heh heh