PDA

View Full Version : Best Sox Commercials Ever

Viva Magglio
06-19-2003, 10:21 AM
My vote would go to the one with JR and Mike Ditka. As you may recall, it aired after Ditka was fired by the Bears. The commercial has Iron Mike in JR's office handing him "Da Resume" when Reinsdorf says:

:reinsy
"Let's see your qualifications. You're from Chicago, you enjoy team sports, and you're good with the press??? So why did you leave your last job?"
"Uh, thank you, uh, Mike, we'll call you if something opens up."

:iron
"White Sox Baseball."

:reinsy
"Good Guys Wear Black."

That was classic.

chisoxt
06-19-2003, 01:47 PM
All of those 'Good guys Wear Black' commercials were terrific. Why they changed as agencies is beyond me.

Brian26
06-19-2003, 01:48 PM
Who can forget the charismatic Ray Meyer commercial?

Years from now, You'll say you were there!

Brand New, Old Fashioned Fun.

Foulke You
06-19-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by chisoxt
All of those 'Good guys Wear Black' commercials were terrific. Why they changed as agencies is beyond me.

Yes, the Good Guys in Black ads were fantastic. The "Rockin' Robin" ad and the "Deacon" Warren Newson ad were both great. I can't figure out why they changed philosophy so much to focusing only on the family crowd.

Going way back to when I was a young lad, does anyone remember those ads with Kittle from the '80 where he was arguing with the ump "It was a ball! You cross eyed old goat!!"

kevingrt
06-19-2003, 03:31 PM
Good guys wear black was the best slogan and had the best commericals... I agree with chisoxt

Blueprint1
06-19-2003, 04:13 PM
I think they changed becuse the players were becoming too famous before they got traded in fire sales.

Fisk72
06-19-2003, 04:27 PM
This one goes a bit back to Old Comiskey Park, but I vaguely remember Tom Paciorek standing in front of the outfield wall where his number was "retired." I was a bit young then, but I think it had to do with his nonexistent hall of fame career. Anybody remember this one?

MarqSox
06-19-2003, 04:45 PM
Although I couldn't stand Albert Belle, that ad campaign with him, Ventura and Thomas was pretty cool. They made like it was an action movie called "Line Shot" and the commercials were trailers for the movie. I still have the mock movie poster.

TornLabrum
06-19-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
Although I couldn't stand Albert Belle, that ad campaign with him, Ventura and Thomas was pretty cool. They made like it was an action movie called "Line Shot" and the commercials were trailers for the movie. I still have the mock movie poster.

One problem with the "Line Shot" campaign is that the "o" in the logo didn't look like one.