PDA

View Full Version : Time to evaluate this team

lowesox
06-19-2003, 09:57 AM
I think Kenny has to look at this team and realize that offensively it will not perform like it was supposed to. This is a team that pitches exceptionally well, and to match that, the lineup should be one the produces runs. There are too many all or nothing type guys in this lineup. And there doesn't seem to be any players who can steal a base, or lay down a bunt.

Maybe we should take a serious look at re-aquiring Lofton. Or maybe there are other 'run producing' players we could look bringing in. I think upgrading at shortstop now would be a good idea. I like Jose but he's a defensive liability, and a strikeout-or-homer type player. If we can just adjust two of the spots in our lineup with guys who know how to produce runs I think it could have a major impact on this team. Especially with the number of quality starts we've had.

We're currently 5.5 games out. Some kind of acqusition tells these guys "we believe in you." And that could help too.

TornLabrum
06-19-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by lowesox
I think Kenny has to look at this team and realize that offensively it will not perform like it was supposed to. This is a team that pitches exceptionally well, and to match that, the lineup should be one the produces runs. There are too many all or nothing type guys in this lineup. And there doesn't seem to be any players who can steal a base, or lay down a bunt.

Maybe we should take a serious look at re-aquiring Lofton. Or maybe there are other 'run producing' players we could look bringing in. I think upgrading at shortstop now would be a good idea. I like Jose but he's a defensive liability, and a strikeout-or-homer type player. If we can just adjust two of the spots in our lineup with guys who know how to produce runs I think it could have a major impact on this team. Especially with the number of quality starts we've had.

We're currently 5.5 games out. Some kind of acqusition tells these guys "we believe in you." And that could help too.

You've forgotten something. Kenny designed this team for the long haul.