PDA

View Full Version : Don't let Corky off the hook...

Kilroy
06-19-2003, 07:40 AM
Now that the cheater has returned and hit a triumphant homer, the media and fans are in full forgive-and-forget mode.

**** that.

The whole world fell for the bait-and-switch move that was pulled last week when Pedro and Sheffield joined Scammy in suggesting that race played a part in how his cheating was covered. So much time was spent talking about how stupid that idea was, that most people forgot to talk about the cheating itself. In the meantime, Sosa and the Cubs were repetitively calling the incident a mistake. "He made a mistake. Everyone makes mistakes." True. But not everyone makes a conscious decision to defraud their profession like Scammy So-So did.

Do not let it die. Ride his sorry ass for this until the end of time.

TornLabrum
06-19-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
Now that the cheater has returned and hit a triumphant homer, the media and fans are in full forgive-and-forget mode.

**** that.

The whole world fell for the bait-and-switch move that was pulled last week when Pedro and Sheffield joined Scammy in suggesting that race played a part in how his cheating was covered. So much time was spent talking about how stupid that idea was, that most people forgot to talk about the cheating itself. In the meantime, Sosa and the Cubs were repetitively calling the incident a mistake. "He made a mistake. Everyone makes mistakes." True. But not everyone makes a conscious decision to defraud their profession like Scammy So-So did.

Do not let it die. Ride his sorry ass for this until the end of time.

We're supposed to accept the fact that Scammy admitted to a mistake and forgive him because of that. The problem for me, and I'm betting all thinking fans, is that he admitted to the wrong mistake. He didn't say it was a mistake to cheat. He said he picked up the only two-tone, corked bat in his supply by mistake.

Big difference.

Big lie.

mandmandm
06-19-2003, 08:21 AM
Tribune sports headline this morning:

"Forget cork, Wood plenty"

Honest to God.

Jerko
06-19-2003, 08:26 AM
Maybe it's a good sign he got booed in Cincy last night since the very same people were licking his ass when he hit #500. That at least proves that a crowd that was friendly to him is not any longer and I like that!