PDA

View Full Version : Quote Of The Day 6/19

Lip Man 1
06-19-2003, 01:13 AM
Brian Daubach to the Chicago Tribune on remaining close to several Red Sox players.

"Yeah, everybody," he said earlier in the week. "It's a lot different than here."

How so?

"Just different," he said. "Leave it at that."

My oh my it didn't take Brian long to get caught up in the team spirit of the Sox did it?

The list of dissatisfied Sox players keeps getting longer and longer not only every day, but every year.

What an organization.

Lip

hold2dibber
06-19-2003, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Brian Daubach to the Chicago Tribune on remaining close to several Red Sox players.

"Yeah, everybody," he said earlier in the week. "It's a lot different than here."

How so?

"Just different," he said. "Leave it at that."

My oh my it didn't take Brian long to get caught up in the team spirit of the Sox did it?

The list of dissatisfied Sox players keeps getting longer and longer not only every day, but every year.

What an organization.

Lip

This exchange says to me that, in Daubach's opinion, the Red Sox were more friendly with each other and closer than the Sox players are. That is a personality issue, not an organizational issue, no?

joecrede
06-19-2003, 10:04 AM
The Red Sox have won how many World Series? Being "different" from them isn't exactly an indictment.

Lip Man 1
06-19-2003, 10:21 AM
They haven't won a World Series but how many playoff appearances have they made in the past ten years? How many fans do they draw a season?

When you read nothing but players ripping the organization, ripping the fans and ripping each other wouldn't you agree that that shows some "dysfunctionality?" no?

Lip

DustyIsOverated1
06-19-2003, 11:10 AM
They haven't won a World Series but how many playoff appearances have they made in the past ten years? How many fans do they draw a season?

When you read nothing but players ripping the organization, ripping the fans and ripping each other wouldn't you agree that that shows some "dysfunctionality?" no?

Lip

easy lipboy, don't jump the gun yet....you really don't know what he meant

Randar68
06-19-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by DustyIsOverated1

If there is any negative to be drawn from anything, I guarantee you one thing...

Lip will be first in line to advertise and promote it.

Iwritecode
06-19-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by DustyIsOverated1

You mean it's possible that he didn't like the atmosphere as much in Boston and he doesn't want to start a media war by ripping on his ex-teammates? :o:

You can take his comments either way really. He didn't say the White Sox clubhouse was any better, although he didn't say it was worse either.

Personally, I wonder if he's just unhappy about how little playing time he's getting compared to what he's used to.

soxrme
06-19-2003, 11:45 AM
Could it be he was a bit upset about being pinch hit for by a guy who is batting 1.89? I hope so.

TornLabrum
06-19-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
You mean it's possible that he didn't like the atmosphere as much in Boston and he doesn't want to start a media war by ripping on his ex-teammates? :o:

You can take his comments either way really. He didn't say the White Sox clubhouse was any better, although he didn't say it was worse either.

No, but he did say he keeps in touch with all of his old teammates, so a negative interpretation of that part is pretty much of a stretch.

Iwritecode
06-19-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
No, but he did say he keeps in touch with all of his old teammates, so a negative interpretation of that part is pretty much of a stretch.

Yes, he keeps in touch with the players. This quote though sounds like he's not too happy with the Red Sox managment:

''Teams are going to make up their minds for financial reasons, and that's fine,'' he said. ''But I feel like I did a lot there, more off the field than even on the field. To get shipped out like that was disappointing to say the least.''

Brian26
06-19-2003, 12:47 PM
They haven't won a World Series but how many playoff appearances have they made in the past ten years?
Lip

Geez, somebody needs to do their homework.

Since '93, the White Sox have 2 playoff appearances.

The Red Sox have 3 appearances (95, 98 and 99).

That's not exactly a stunning indictment of the White Sox organization, Lip.

Get a new hobby.

Randar68
06-19-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Geez, somebody needs to do their homework.

Since '93, the White Sox have 2 playoff appearances.

The Red Sox have 3 appearances (95, 98 and 99).

That's not exactly a stunning indictment of the White Sox organization, Lip.

Get a new hobby.

HaHaHa!

39thandWallace
06-19-2003, 04:09 PM
Where does this love of Boston come from there like the American League Cubs.

Boston hasn't won the series since Ruth was there in I think 1920.

It's just like comparing the Bears with the Bills. Would you rather have one Super Bowl victory or 4 Super Bowl loses?

I'll take the trophy.

39thandWallace
06-19-2003, 04:24 PM
This team sucks. I'm glad I'm going to Vegas till tuesday.

gosox41
06-19-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by joecrede
The Red Sox have won how many World Series? Being "different" from them isn't exactly an indictment.

The Red Sox are different for a lot of reasons. Perhaps the biggest one is management's effort to try to build a winning team. Every year they're in contention for the playoffs. Maybe the results haven't worked out, but I'd take the Red Sox recent past over ours, and definitely take Boston's future over ours, especially if KW is GM.

:reinsy
If we averaged 35K fans a game, we'd win to. It's all the fans fault the team isn't better.

gosox41
06-19-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by 39thandWallace
Where does this love of Boston come from there like the American League Cubs.

Boston hasn't won the series since Ruth was there in I think 1920.

It's just like comparing the Bears with the Bills. Would you rather have one Super Bowl victory or 4 Super Bowl loses?

I'll take the trophy.

How many trophies have the Sox had since 1920?

Bob