PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 6/18/03 Chisox vs. Bosox game thread

MRKARNO
06-18-2003, 09:08 PM
Looks like it may very well be a pitchers duel tonight folks

Viva Magglio
06-18-2003, 09:10 PM
Why didn't José run to first when the called third strike was dropped? I am not saying Valentín would have been safe, but he should at least show heart and run to first. What a heartless team. I hope they trade his ass.

Viva Magglio
06-18-2003, 09:19 PM
Once again, another example of poor fundamentals. When Jimenez got the ball on Garciaparra's fielder's choice, why didn't he flip to Valentin at 2nd and let Manos throw to first? Instead, Jimenez tags the runner and allows Garciaparra to reach base safely. :angry: :angry: :angry:

valposoxfan
06-18-2003, 09:19 PM
Terrible defensive play by Jimenez and then a passed ball by Olivo. This is disgusting. No other team in the majors makes stupid mistakes like we do. Not even Detroit. 1-0 Boston.

valposoxfan
06-18-2003, 09:22 PM
At least the cough syrup for my bronchitis has codeine in it... :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

fquaye149
06-18-2003, 09:28 PM
i know knuckleballs are tricky, but you'd think we could manage A hit...didn't crede go yard against a knuckleballer vs. detroit?

MRKARNO
06-18-2003, 09:30 PM
I think that next inning we'll see some hits for the white sox. Just missed a few

voodoochile
06-18-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by fquaye149
i know knuckleballs are tricky, but you'd think we could manage A hit...didn't crede go yard against a knuckleballer vs. detroit?

Actually, I think that is the problem. They are all swinging for the fences. Someone in the dugout needs to point out that maybe all they need to do is slap the ball the other way and see if they can score some runs. Of course Jerry would never challange the players and Walker is too new at his job. Johnny Damon just tied a record by catching three fly balls in the same inning. Yeah, they were all hit pretty well, but nothing challanging and nothing near going out.

Viva Magglio
06-18-2003, 09:35 PM
Wee-Wee Willie misplays a flyball into center for a hit. JESUS!!!

TornLabrum
06-18-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Wee-Wee Willie misplays a flyball into center for a hit. JESUS!!!

"Your 2003 Chicago White Sox: Baseball's First Zero-Dimensional Team"

voodoochile
06-18-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
"Your 2003 Chicago White Sox: Baseball's First Zero-Dimensional Team"

Now wait just a minute... they can... no.... um... well what about... no... um.... hang on, I'll figure it out soon... got it... they are great at being not very good...

Well, it's something, no?

voodoochile
06-18-2003, 09:42 PM
Joe, "No, no-no" Crede!

voodoochile
06-18-2003, 09:48 PM
Valentin looked safe to me. At the best, the catcher tagged him on the back foot when the front foot was already on the plate, IMO.

rmusacch
06-18-2003, 09:49 PM
Valentin was ****ing safe and JM did nothing as usual.

:firejerry

rmusacch
06-18-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Valentin looked safe to me. At the best, the catcher tagged him on the back foot when the front foot was already on the plate, IMO.

I am getting the Red Sox feed and they showed the replay, he was safe.

MRKARNO
06-18-2003, 09:50 PM
This crew really has it out for us this season. At least the ump is calling the plate correctly tonight

Viva Magglio
06-18-2003, 09:51 PM
It appears that the home plate umpire blew another call with Valentin at the plate. Why didn't he or JM go out to argue? You see, that is what is wrong and I feel I am the only person who sees it.

valposoxfan
06-18-2003, 09:55 PM
This crew sucks. How are they major league umps???!!! And not only did Manuel not make a big deal, but Valentin did nothing as well. You could tell he thought he was safe when he lifted his arms but didnt argue or anything. If Valentin put up any sort of argument maybe Manuel would have come out. No one on this team cares. That was a perfect example.

spanishwhite
06-18-2003, 10:01 PM
CCCLLLLUUUUTTTCCCCHHHHH!!!!!!!!

He gets one of the best hitters in the game to ground into a double play.

Does anybody still think that he isn't the real deal?

Gotta love Loaiza.

voodoochile
06-18-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by spanishwhite
CCCLLLLUUUUTTTCCCCHHHHH!!!!!!!!

He gets one of the best hitters in the game to ground into a double play.

Does anybody still think that he isn't the real deal?

Gotta love Loaiza.

I thought you were talking about Daubach when I read the first sentence. That guy needs to be playing a LOT more. Of course, JM is still trying to "get Paulie going" no matter what the cost...

valposoxfan
06-18-2003, 10:48 PM
Konerko is absolutely disgusting. Could somebody just shoot him and put him out of his misery. Maybe the worst season for a professional baseball player that I have ever seen...

valposoxfan
06-18-2003, 10:52 PM
Unreal play by Ramirez. The Sox cannot catch a break EVER!!! Does anyone have the feeling that not scoring at least one more run is going to hurt us ALOT. Thanks Konerko you piece of s***.

voodoochile
06-18-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
Konerko is absolutely disgusting. Could somebody just shoot him and put him out of his misery. Maybe the worst season for a professional baseball player that I have ever seen...

I can't believe Manuel sent him up to pinch hit and then gave him the green light on the first pitch. The human DP machine rolls on.

Valentin just swung at ball 4. Yeah, he hit it hard, but it was caught anyway.

:jerry
"What do you want from me? I can't nap and manage at the same time."

SoxxoS
06-18-2003, 10:53 PM
Don't get me wrong, Jose Valentin just hit a good ball to LF that Ramirez was lucky to catch. It could have easily been a double and cleared the bases. HOWEVER, why wouldn't you pinch hit Graffanino for Valentin in that situation against Embree? Valentin came in hitting .157 against lefties.

valposoxfan
06-18-2003, 10:56 PM
That got me to thinking, as Koch gives up a single to Ramirez (good god), Graffanino is the only decent pinch hitter we have if Daubach is in the lineup. And this team is only 6.5 back??

Streets
06-18-2003, 10:57 PM
Someone from WSI was shown "high-fiving" on tv. They were wearing their "hell yeah i'm a sox fan" shirt. Who you be? Looked like it was a shot of the outfield stands, 2nd row.

valposoxfan
06-18-2003, 10:57 PM
Anyone starting to get that feeling???

valposoxfan
06-18-2003, 10:59 PM
2 outs....trying to fight off nausea...

valposoxfan
06-18-2003, 11:01 PM
...thank god.

SoxxoS
06-18-2003, 11:03 PM
:winner

voodoochile
06-18-2003, 11:04 PM
I don't even want to think about the ways JM tried to screw this game up. The 8th was pure stupidity in terms of the players used and the way they were used. Pinch hitting Paulie was bad enough, but if you are going to take Frank out for defensive purposes anyway, why not pinch run for him? Not to mention the fact that by using Paulie to PH for the DH and then putting him at 1B, means the pitchers bat for the rest of the game... in the 3 hole.

Sox win in spite of this idiot, not because of him. Hopefully KC finishes off the twinkies and the Sox are 5.5 back...

voodoochile
06-18-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Streets
Someone from WSI was shown "high-fiving" on tv. They were wearing their "hell yeah i'm a sox fan" shirt. Who you be? Looked like it was a shot of the outfield stands, 2nd row.

I saw that too, but I think it was down the 3rd base line. Thought it was right after Magglo's double.

spanishwhite
06-18-2003, 11:09 PM
Good Job Koch

But dammit why do you have to give me heartburn.

May 1.80
June 2.16

Looks like Koch has been coming around.

Now if only the offense can do the same.

Viva Magglio
06-18-2003, 11:11 PM
This was yet another terrible managerial performance by JM. Just imagine if we lost this game, which we very well could have. We were damn lucky tonight.

voodoochile
06-18-2003, 11:21 PM
:twinslose

5.5 back

MRKARNO
06-18-2003, 11:23 PM
:twinslose

5.5 back

But now you have to consider the Royals who we're 4.5 back of.

voodoochile
06-18-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
But now you have to consider the Royals who we're 4.5 back of.

Hope they win again tomorrow. Whoever isn't in first wins when they are playing each other. Still too early to be thinking playoffs with the Sox 5 games under .500. But, this division is really pathetic.

MRKARNO
06-18-2003, 11:30 PM
Hope they win again tomorrow. Whoever isn't in first wins when they are playing each other. Still too early to be thinking playoffs with the Sox 5 games under .500. But, this division is really pathetic.

I wouldnt be to shocked if this division was won with less than 90 wins. 87-75 might easily get it done. The Twins are only 6 games over right now so I think it is proper to begin looking at the standings