PDA

View Full Version : Bob Finnegan Question


Viva Magglio
06-18-2003, 08:24 PM
Does anyone know if former Sox PA announcer Bob Finnegan is still alive? He did the PA until the last game at Old Comiskey.

TornLabrum
06-18-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Does anyone know if former Sox PA announcer Bob Finnegan is still alive? He did the PA until the last game at Old Comiskey.

Finnegan wasn't around that long at Comiskey. I know for a fact the PA announcer for the Sox in the early '80s was Wayne Messmer. He was replaced by Gene Honda.

Viva Magglio
06-18-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Finnegan wasn't around that long at Comiskey. I know for a fact the PA announcer for the Sox in the early '80s was Wayne Messmer. He was replaced by Gene Honda.

When Wayne moved to Wrigley, Finnegan came back and eventually platooned with Honda by the late '80s. He did work the final game at Old Comiskey.

TornLabrum
06-18-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
When Wayne moved to Wrigley, Finnegan came back and eventually platooned with Honda by the late '80s. He did work the final game at Old Comiskey.

Yeah, you're right. I remember Gene telling me about splitting games with Finnegan now that you mention it. Duh!

CiscoCarlos
06-18-2003, 11:29 PM
As of Christmas he was still alive and well (a mutual friend informed me then). Since we haven't heard anything since probably the same holds true.