PDA

View Full Version : All Star Tickets Here!

Scotty347
06-18-2003, 02:21 PM
Check your mailbox - got mine today. Sent via USPS Priority mail.

alohafri
06-18-2003, 02:23 PM
just came in the mail today

alohafri
06-18-2003, 02:25 PM
you beat me by 2 minutes!

Iwritecode
06-18-2003, 03:00 PM
Well, there's at least 2 posters (3 counting Mrs. alohafri) that will be there.

The guy that is supposed to let me have some of his extra tickets hasn't been into work for like a month now. IIRC, either him or his wife are having health-related problems. So I'm still not 100% sure I'll be there. I sure hope to be though!

thecell
06-18-2003, 03:07 PM
got mine today too! my cousin may be selling his if he has to work out of town...sucks to be him

Hangar18
06-18-2003, 03:27 PM
Well, Im excited now! Im at work, but this must mean that
mine will be in the Mailbox when I get home. awesome.

twiggy
06-18-2003, 03:49 PM
How does that work?? If you've got Season tickets for the team that's hosting the AS Game you get the AllStar tickets as part of your plan? If so--Do you get the HomeRunDerby too?

I know that's how it goes for the NHL Draft...just curious :smile:

edit-- I just turned on ESPN and it's the '95 HRD, the finals between Belle and Big Hurt Mwahahahaa..(The stadium is empty!! :o: )

Foulke You
06-18-2003, 04:02 PM
I'm jealous of all you guys. I want to go real bad but they didn't offer it to Sox 7 game package buyers and scalper prices are absolutely out of this world. I'm going to try to land HR derby tix but there is no way I can afford to go to the game.

hose
06-18-2003, 04:35 PM
I got my tickets in the mail today.......I plan on selling them and salvaging something out of this train wreck of a season.

thecell
06-18-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by hose
I got my tickets in the mail today.......I plan on selling them and salvaging something out of this train wreck of a season.

What section? How much do you think you can get for them?

Viva Magglio
06-18-2003, 04:38 PM
I got mine today. Unfortunately I could not (so far) get any parking passes so I'll have to park at IIT.

cheeses_h_rice
06-18-2003, 04:42 PM
I'll probably be the millionth person to ask, but anyone who has an extra ticket or two, please sell them to me.

I sent in about 160 postcards and got zilch. I would LOVE to see the ASG at Comiskey.

hose
06-18-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by thecell
What section? How much do you think you can get for them?

Section 103 .

These will be very desirable seats for the home run hitting contest

A broker will probably be asking around $1500 for both tickets, which includes 4 events.

Hangar18
06-18-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I'll probably be the millionth person to ask, but anyone who has an extra ticket or two, please sell them to me.

I sent in about 160 postcards and got zilch. I would LOVE to see the ASG at Comiskey.

I'll keep that in mind just in case...... :gulp:

hose
06-18-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Scotty347
Check your mailbox - got mine today. Sent via USPS Priority mail.

Reinsdorf should outfit Konerko as a messenger and have him deliver the All-Star tickets.

It would be about the only way to get any value out of Paully :D:

StillMissOzzie
06-19-2003, 12:44 AM
I got mine today, too. They are definitely Bob Euecker seats high up in the left field upper deck, but I will be there. Just lucky, I guess - I only sent in about 20 postcards, since I'm not a full season ticket owner.

To answer thecell's question, if you want to know what they are worth, check out eBay. A wise man once said that something is only worth what someone else will pay you for it. If you've got decent seats, you could turn them around for serious $$$ on eBay.
:gulp:

whitesoxwilkes
06-19-2003, 07:58 AM
Reinsdorf should outfit Konerko as a messenger and have him deliver the All-Star tickets.

It would be about the only way to get any value out of Paully :D:

With Konerko's blazing speed we'd all end up getting our tickets somewhere around the start of da Bears season.

Iwritecode
06-19-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Well, there's at least 2 posters (3 counting Mrs. alohafri) that will be there.

The guy that is supposed to let me have some of his extra tickets hasn't been into work for like a month now. IIRC, either him or his wife are having health-related problems. So I'm still not 100% sure I'll be there. I sure hope to be though!

OK, I talked to him last night and he said everything is still good. Looks like I'll be there! :D:

mandmandm
06-20-2003, 08:34 AM
Before trying other methods of selling my seats is anyone interested in buying seats for a premium but below broker cost. I am in right field within the first 10 rows. I have four seats WITH parking pass. I have all events and would give a discount if the whole package is purchased. If no one is interested here I may sell the parking pass to the person looking for them. Let me know.

Hullett_Fan
06-20-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by twiggy
How does that work?? If you've got Season tickets for the team that's hosting the AS Game you get the AllStar tickets as part of your plan? If so--Do you get the HomeRunDerby too?

I know that's how it goes for the NHL Draft...just curious :smile:

edit-- I just turned on ESPN and it's the '95 HRD, the finals between Belle and Big Hurt Mwahahahaa..(The stadium is empty!! :o: )

Season ticket holders get the option of purchasing the package (futures game, HR contest, AS game) for $150.

Looking forward to it....kind of makes getting season tix this year worth it despite piss-poor play of the home team.

kevingrt
06-20-2003, 01:21 PM
If only I could go I might enjoy the moment!

steff
06-21-2003, 07:38 AM
Section 103 .

These will be very desirable seats for the home run hitting contest

A broker will probably be asking around $1500 for both tickets, which includes 4 events.

And if you get caught scalping them for more then face value kiss your season tickets bubye..

And you say..."they'll never know".. out of all the season ticket holders at Miller Park (who bought ST's just to get the AS tickets) I know 3 that got busted. It's not worth it if you are a fan.

Oh, Jim and I will be there, too.

steff
06-21-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie
I got mine today, too. They are definitely Bob Euecker seats high up in the left field upper deck, but I will be there. Just lucky, I guess - I only sent in about 20 postcards, since I'm not a full season ticket owner.

To answer thecell's question, if you want to know what they are worth, check out eBay. A wise man once said that something is only worth what someone else will pay you for it. If you've got decent seats, you could turn them around for serious $$$ on eBay.
:gulp:

Ahhh yes. Make it easy for the Sox to bust you.

steff
06-21-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by mandmandm
Before trying other methods of selling my seats is anyone interested in buying seats for a premium but below broker cost. I am in right field within the first 10 rows. I have four seats WITH parking pass. I have all events and would give a discount if the whole package is purchased. If no one is interested here I may sell the parking pass to the person looking for them. Let me know.

I need a parking pass, too...

Unless something changed.. Aloha?

hose
06-21-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by steff3603
And if you get caught scalping them for more then face value kiss your season tickets bubye..

And you say..."they'll never know".. out of all the season ticket holders at Miller Park (who bought ST's just to get the AS tickets) I know 3 that got busted. It's not worth it if you are a fan.

Oh, Jim and I will be there, too.

Selling the All-Star tickets is 50% out of frustration and 50% the fact that my leg is in a cast.

I'm handicapped without certification :(:

steff
06-21-2003, 08:55 AM
Selling the All-Star tickets is 50% out of frustration and 50% the fact that my leg is in a cast.

I'm handicapped without certification :(:

You can sell them.. just not for profit.

And for Gods sake do NOT buy or sell them on eBay!! There are people who are printing those seat locations and they WILL come check them out. And before you say "how will they know.. bla, bla, bla.. I could have bought them from a broker, etc.. etc.." The Sox and MLB KNOW what tickets brokers bought. Brokers are licensed. There is a trail.

Untimately people will do what they want. Just passing along info.

ewokpelts
06-21-2003, 11:22 AM
I'm interested. I need as many as you got. Pm me with any details. I already have tix(in the ud), but I'm trying to fill in all requests my buddies have.
Gene