PDA

View Full Version : Sosa's Press Conference

Viva Magglio
06-18-2003, 01:14 AM
I am shocked this did not explode here earlier Tuesday, when Sammy Sosa held his press conference in Cincinnati. He said, along the lines, that anyone who does not believe his "story" is his enemy. After the press conference, Mike North went all over Sosa ripping him a new one.

Hangar18
06-18-2003, 08:38 AM
I caught some of this on ESPN last nite. This is what
happens when the Media has been loving you and adoring
you for years. You as a player take things for granted
and hes taking the heat Nationally (though hes still getting
a free pass for the most part in Chicago). I hear the
criticisms of Sammy here and there. He really is a jerk
in my book after hearing him rip on people who were on his
"side". This is preposterous. Sammy.....Get it thru your
head. YOU used the Corked Bat...not us. Your a Cheater...
Not US. reason 23,434,766 why I hate the Cubs. Players
like this.

34 Inch Stick
06-18-2003, 09:14 AM
I hope Sox fans are merciliess to him next week.

moochpuppy
06-18-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I hope Sox fans are merciliess to him next week.

The Cell is going to be Sammy's Hell on Earth next week, I'm sure. :cool:

cheeses_h_rice
06-18-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
The Cell is going to be Sammy's Hell on Earth next week, I'm sure. :cool:

Remember, it's syncopated chants of "Cor-ky! Cor-ky! Cor-ky!" every single friggin' time he steps in the batter's box, got it?

:)

Hangar18
06-18-2003, 10:12 AM
OR CHEA - TER! CHEA-TER !!!

voodoochile
06-18-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

Remember, it's syncopated chants of "Cor-ky! Cor-ky! Cor-ky!" every single friggin' time he steps in the batter's box, got it?

Originally posted by Hangar18
OR CHEA - TER! CHEA-TER !!!

That may end up sounding like Chea-ty or Cork-ter. Make up your mind, guys... :D:

cheeses_h_rice
06-18-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
That may end up sounding like Chea-ty or Cork-ter. Make up your mind, guys... :D:

Tastes great/less filling...heh.

voodoochile
06-18-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Tastes great/less filling...heh.

Just so long as the good looking women end up under the shower in their underwear, that's art...

MarqSox
06-18-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

We should do it like at college football/basketball games. Get a short list of chants and assign them to different points of the game (Cor-key during Shammy's 1st AB, Cheat-er during his 2nd, etc.) and then print up the directions on flyers and pass them out to Sox Fans at the games.

Now, who wants to be in charge of printing up 80,000 flyers? :)

34 Inch Stick
06-18-2003, 12:37 PM
And let's not forget about the steroids.

cheeses_h_rice
06-18-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
And let's not forget about the steroids.

Please, let's just tackle one Sham-ME* indiscretion at a time...

xil357
06-18-2003, 01:25 PM
COR-KY from the LF and 3B side, alternated with STER-OIDS from the 1B and RF side when he is at bat.

CHEATER from LF and 3B, alternated with WIFE-BEATER from 1B and RF when he is in the field.

When he inevitably strikes out, grounds out, flies out or makes an error in the field, he needs to be showered with chants of "MVP! MVP!"

Sox fans need to show up in "Wife Beater" t-shirts, too, since we can't afford to cause a forefit by throwing cork on the field.

Alternated chants like these will have a swirling or see-saw effect that might even make him dizzy, fall down, go BOOM.

Baker isn't so much of a wus that he will DH Sammy for all three games, is he? If so, the chants when he is at bat need to be EVEN MORE MERCILESS.

DrCrawdad
06-18-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by xil357
...Sox fans need to show up in "Wife Beater" t-shirts, too, since we can't afford to cause a forefit by throwing cork on the field...

I wish that no one would throw cork at Sosa when they visit the Cell. However I have no doubt that at least a few will rain cork on Sosa. The bad part is that will only be used to further put down Sox fans.

koch44
06-18-2003, 02:08 PM
Sosa says that he's been treated like a criminal, well he's going to face his punishment in "The Cell."

I can't wait for June 27.

alohafri
06-18-2003, 03:05 PM
Xil--that's too much to remember after tailgating and then continuing the party inside the Cell.

I really think we should just pick one chant and stick to it. I prefer CORKY myself but I'll go along with what ever the majority wants.

(Mrs. Aloha)

maurice
06-18-2003, 03:19 PM
I agree with Mrs. Aloha and Cheeses. Let's keep it a simple "COR-KY," for the benefit of the inebriated and our fellow Sox fans who do not visit this site.

cheeses_h_rice
06-18-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by maurice
I agree with Mrs. Aloha and Cheeses. Let's keep it a simple "COR-KY," for the benefit of the inebriated and our fellow Sox fans who do not visit this site.

I'm only going to the game on the 28th, but I'll do my best to get Cor-ky going in section 510.