PDA

View Full Version : Some minor league news

Daver
06-17-2003, 07:34 PM
Looks like the Sox are making room on the high A ball roster,from BA.

Jeremy Reed was one of four White Sox farmhands promoted from high Class A Winston-Salem to Double-A Birmingham today. Reed, 22, was drafted in the third round out of Long Beach State last June. He was hitting .333-4-52 with a .431 on-base percentage for Winston-Salem. Reed made his debut with low Class A Kannapolis last season, hitting .319-4-32. Lefthander Byeong An, third baseman Ryan Hankins and righthander Brandon O'Neal were also elevated.

Randar68
06-17-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by daver

Jeremy Reed was one of four White Sox farmhands promoted from high Class A Winston-Salem to Double-A Birmingham today. Reed, 22, was drafted in the third round out of Long Beach State last June. He was hitting .333-4-52 with a .431 on-base percentage for Winston-Salem. Reed made his debut with low Class A Kannapolis last season, hitting .319-4-32. Lefthander Byeong An, third baseman Ryan Hankins and righthander Brandon O'Neal were also elevated.

I am surprised Yan did not also earn the promotion.

Daver
06-17-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
I am surprised Yan did not also earn the promotion.

I was told he was more of a project than his numbers showed,this may be proof of that.

hogsmom
06-17-2003, 08:18 PM
O'Neal came back to Winston-Salem. Any news about replacement for our pitchers.. O'Neal is a reliever or closer, not a starter.. Keep a close eye on Reed. He's fast!

hose
06-18-2003, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by daver

As long as Reed keeps producing he may have a shot to play at the Cell sooner than later. Borchard, Rowand, Harris are not exactly getting it done.

NC_sox_fan
06-18-2003, 09:25 AM
Heath Phillips will come in today from Kannapolis. Jeremy Reed did not know who was coming in to replace him in the outfield (he is too good to be replaced, in my opinion.) Yan does need more work, his fielding can be very wild and has thrown balls into the dugout on occasion (not too many this year!).

Reliever Rolando Garza was moved to Kannapolis "for more work" according to the Winston-Salem Journal this morning.

Hopefully the Sox will keep our team intact for the most part. This is definately a very talented group. We played very well last night against Potomac and got a win. Wyatt Allen pitched the best he's pitched this season, giving up only 3 walks (which has been a problem for him this year).

maurice
06-18-2003, 02:43 PM
Ryan Hankins was promoted from AA to AAA. He started at 3B for Charlottle in the second game of a doubleheader with Hummel moving over to 2B. IF Tommy Nicholson also is listed on the Charlotte roster. He's been shuttled back and forth between A+ and AAA a couple of times this season, but hasn't seen too much action with Charlotte.

Miles likely will continue starting at 2B, but the rest of Charlotte's infield is very confusing at this point. I'm afraid that they might continue to move Hummel around to prep him for Tony G's role. I really wish they'd stop jerking that kid around. IMHO, it's affecting him at the plate.