PDA

View Full Version : You know what's going to happen!

Soxboyrob
08-21-2001, 02:20 PM
Now that this team is essentially out of the race for anything this season, all that's left for them now is that they'll go on a tear and win 10 in a row and get within 4 games of first place with 2 weeks left in the season. That'll be just enough to suck all of us back into the blackhole known as Soxfandom. We'll then watch our team play listlessly to a 83-81 finish, 7 games back of the Indians. Mark it down folks.

Iwritecode
08-21-2001, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
Now that this team is essentially out of the race for anything this season, all that's left for them now is that they'll go on a tear and win 10 in a row and get within 4 games of first place with 2 weeks left in the season. That'll be just enough to suck all of us back into the blackhole known as Soxfandom. We'll then watch our team play listlessly to a 83-81 finish, 7 games back of the Indians. Mark it down folks.

I find it hard to believe that the Tribe will win 90 games this year.

doublem23
08-21-2001, 03:10 PM
Definately. The Tribe are really gonna have to suck it up to win 90, seeing as they're pitching is complete crap. Since it looks like Oakland will be your 2001 American League Wild Card team, the Tribe look like they will be squaring off against Seattle, meaning, at most, they may steal 1 game.

Hopefully this humiliation will lead to a LONG, and painful Indian rebuilfing process.

KempersRS
08-21-2001, 03:24 PM

I dunno, there is no desire left in this team at all, not that their was too much to begin with (atleast it looked that way with all the corpseball we have had all year.) I think the doormats of the league will get their fair share of wins over the next 10 days against us. The Tribe won't even win 90. 85 games will win this division, with breathing room. I'd expect the Twins and Sox to finish with very similar records, close to, and probably below .500.

Fisk Fan
08-21-2001, 04:02 PM
They kind of reflect the demeanor of their fearless leader.....

:jerry

Hey, don't blame me!

Jerry_Manuel
08-21-2001, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Fisk Fan
They kind of reflect the demeanor of their fearless leader.....
:jerry
Hey, don't blame me!

I'm sure there have been teams that "quit" even with a manager who yells and screams.

:reinsy
"Fans Fault"