PDA

View Full Version : Any Rauch Reports?

DrCrawdad
06-16-2003, 11:44 PM
Any reports or observations on how Rauch is doing at Charlotte?

jeremyb1
06-17-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Any reports or observations on how Rauch is doing at Charlotte?

sure. he's still pitching well. he pitched well yesterday, 1 er in 6 ip. he'd been lit up a bit the two starts prior to that giving up a lot of runs so he's era is now above 4 but he didn't give up a lot of hits, walk a lot of guys, or give up a lot of homers in those starts so they seem kinda fluky. he's only allowed 61 hits in 68.2 ip with 48 k's vs. 17 walks so those are pretty solid numbers. he's not setting the league on fire but he's definately pitching well.

Chisoxfn
06-17-2003, 03:08 AM
He's been doing pretty good. He's had great control and fewer hits then innings pitched. His strikeout numbers haven't been as good as you like and reports still have his velocity way down.

Later this year I will get to watch Charlotte for two games, hopefully I'll get to catch Rauch in a game or at least watch a bullpen session with him.

DrCrawdad
06-17-2003, 01:52 PM
It will be interesting to see how Rauch progresses in what very well could be a full year in AAA.

xil357
06-17-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
It will be interesting to see how Rauch progresses in what very well could be a full year in AAA.

What are the prospects (pun intended) of him successfully filling a spot on the major league staff next season, based on his performance to date? If Sox management succumbs to the inferior theory of rebuilding later this season and trades Colon and/or Loaiza, welcome to the big leagues, Mr. Rauch.

MRKARNO
06-17-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by xil357
What are the prospects (pun intended) of him successfully filling a spot on the major league staff next season, based on his performance to date? If Sox management succumbs to the inferior theory of rebuilding later this season and trades Colon and/or Loaiza, welcome to the big leagues, Mr. Rauch.

In theory, he was supposed to be major league ready this year. The sox couldnt count on Loaiza working out for us (To say that he did would be a huge understatement) and so the battle would have been Stewart vs Rauch. I'm personally exstatic that Loaiza's worked out the way he has (zero to Best AL pitcher), but had he not, Rauch should have been ready to come up here

jeremyb1
06-17-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Chisoxfn
He's been doing pretty good. He's had great control and fewer hits then innings pitched. His strikeout numbers haven't been as good as you like and reports still have his velocity way down.

Later this year I will get to watch Charlotte for two games, hopefully I'll get to catch Rauch in a game or at least watch a bullpen session with him.

out of curiousity, where do you find scouting reports on his velocity?

delben91
06-17-2003, 08:11 PM
How's Stewart been faring since he went back down to AAA?

Daver
06-17-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by delben91
How's Stewart been faring since he went back down to AAA?

He's been on the DL.

delben91
06-17-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by daver
He's been on the DL. That good huh?

Thanks for the info daver.

Chisoxfn
06-18-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
out of curiousity, where do you find scouting reports on his velocity?

I don't have any scouting reports on his velocity, just some things I've heard. Sometimes Baseball America does things on velocity, but I don't recall them mentioning Rauch in any of them.

Typically I don't trust many reports on velocity because you always hear of a pitcher that throws 95 and then he comes to the majors and barely hits 91.

Its not just Sox players cause Foppert was hyped with a 95 MPH fastball and I watched him pitch today against the Dodgers and it was 89-90 the whole game. I'm not complaining about Foppert casue I think he's a good pitcher, but I've really started to wonder how they come up with these readings cause it really should be easy, point the damn gun and bam.

jeremyb1
06-18-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Chisoxfn
I don't have any scouting reports on his velocity, just some things I've heard. Sometimes Baseball America does things on velocity, but I don't recall them mentioning Rauch in any of them.

Typically I don't trust many reports on velocity because you always hear of a pitcher that throws 95 and then he comes to the majors and barely hits 91.

Its not just Sox players cause Foppert was hyped with a 95 MPH fastball and I watched him pitch today against the Dodgers and it was 89-90 the whole game. I'm not complaining about Foppert casue I think he's a good pitcher, but I've really started to wonder how they come up with these readings cause it really should be easy, point the damn gun and bam.

yeah, i remember hearing how ginter threw 95 and was one of the hardest throwers in the system. i know wright was said to throw in the high 90s in the minors and now only occasionally hits 95. i think what a lot of it may be is that in order to improve as they move through the system guys have to learn a fastball with more movement and therefore less velocity. in foppert's case i read in ba that his velocity has been down all year even in the minors. as for rauch, he was hitting 93 on the gun with regularity at the end of last season and i figure those extra two miles could still be attributed to his injury. if he's down around 90 these days it has to be health related.