PDA

View Full Version : What's the harm....

Meixner007
06-16-2003, 11:28 PM
in leaving MB out there for the ninth. If he gives up a hit then you can pull him, and he would get the standing ovation he deserves/needs. I think the crowd reaction would have not only helped him with the fans, but the fans with him. Showing him that we appreciate, and recognize, good pitching, but won't be suckered into cheering because he had previous good seasons. Then bring in Gordon or Marte. I think that would have meant more in the long run than the win by itself.

MHOUSE
06-17-2003, 02:58 AM
Manuel hadn't been able to go to the bullpen yet. He woke up from his nap and decided a change was needed.

I can't believe he used Koch 3 days in a row without a save and then needs Gordon to pick one up. Talk about misusing the bullpen. Sheesh what a joke. Had Gordon imploded, there would have been an uproar. Speaking of which, Flash has gotten a W, W, SV in the last 3 games. Where's Marte, Glover, Sanders, in all of this? Gordon is being overused.

spanishwhite
06-17-2003, 11:08 AM
After the Colon fiasco, you are going to
be seeing many interesting pulls in the future.

voodoochile
06-17-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by spanishwhite
After the Colon fiasco, you are going to
be seeing many interesting pulls in the future.

Jerry is getting nervous. His tush is getting warm. Since he never lets a pitcher warm up without using them, he didn't want to get somebody up in the bullpen just to dash their hopes when Buehrle finished the game. He would have had to buy them an extra scoop and he isn't sure how much longer he will be able to afford the ice cream parlor...

:needagordontag
"My uncle Jerry is the bestest uncle ever."

:hitless
"I never get ice cream anymore since I went to the land of brats and beer. Cheese soup just doesn't cut it after a big game."

:jerry
"I love my nephews."